Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Chemlak

Old August 30th, 2015, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
Partly my fault, sorry!
And the rest is mine for feeling whimsical. Sorry for the derail.

A "remember password" option for desktop versions would be cool, and would still retain the need for a password for web access.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 30th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
A "remember password" option for desktop versions would be cool, and would still retain the need for a password for web access.
Much as I think a "remember password" option would be good, personally I think I might not use it otherwise I might forget the password at an inconvenient moment.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 30th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
Much as I think a "remember password" option would be good, personally I think I might not use it otherwise I might forget the password at an inconvenient moment.
I guess I just assumed things like a way to change your password and automatic password recovery are features they'd have soonish (probably as part of the web client, but perhaps with the Content Market.) In any case, they'd be good suggestions.

Otherwise: use a password manager. I don't know most of my passwords anymore. I use KeePass 2, but there's a few good ones.

Parody is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 30th, 2015, 02:47 PM
I use Password Safe. It was originally created by Bruce Schneier.
davidp is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 30th, 2015, 08:06 PM
I second Password Safe. It works well with PC, Android and Apple apps.
AEIOU is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Letmein

Old September 20th, 2015, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Good to know that the calendar champions are still around and nudging where appropriate. I, of course, am simply trying to be calendars good and not apply pressure about things calendars unnecessarily.

Still...

Calendars
sorry you not allowed to change to larger generic font size because it will alwaysmess up and change back to something small
Letmein is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old September 26th, 2015, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
First of all, passwords aren't going away any time soon. They are required for the web, as @Parody helpfully pointed out, not to mention syncing to the server. So any changes will come after lots of other things that are higher priority.

Also, I've learned to ignore all the calendar references. I just thought it was cute the way that @weogarth inserted them in his post. I'm working around the clock these days, and I'm punchy, so I commented on the approach.
When you say thought it was cute the way that weogarth decided to print the references in his post, I assume you mean the way he lowered the size of the printed font. The ability to print different font sizes is very common. In fact, the ability to print different font sizes even goes back to before the ability to print from computers. It is cute, though, the way he used his ability to print smaller font sizes to try to be subtle about his request while another person used his ability to print larger font sizes to emphasize weogarth's desire.

*cough* *ahem*
EightBitz is offline   #27 Reply With Quote