Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Acenoid

Old December 7th, 2014, 07:59 PM
In my opinion, we should be able to print and export our own stuff without restrictions. Bought content could have several limitations. Maybe set by some database flags.
Acenoid is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 7th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
In my opinion, we should be able to print and export our own stuff without restrictions. Bought content could have several limitations. Maybe set by some database flags.
Where things get difficult is when you've merged your own changes and content in with published content. Just your content is straightforward. Just published content is pretty readily disabled. But blended content?

Take a few minutes to stop and think of all the ways in which users will be blending published and personally created content. If your head doesn't start hurting, either you're overlooking a lot of very complex situations that need to be teased apart for clean handling or I need to hire you.
rob is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 8th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgs View Post
Personal insults already? I'll accept broken record player... but not that.

I hardly think 21 posts of which 1/3 have been technical issues constitutes a troll.
Contemplated a response to this, and I lead with this...

Perhaps you are correct.. you may not be an under-bridge dweller(yet), but are instead a Yammerer.
See here to broaden your vocabulary (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/yammerer%27s

Or perhaps the troll like tendencies are an attempt to multi-class, I'm not sure. But many including myself have tried to assist you. You instead have been a less than productive forum participant in return.

Your claim that a 1/3 of your postings are based on "technical issues" ... ok.... LETS REALLY look at your posts.

This THREAD>
Quote:
Why are we waiting for it? It's a survey.
Why is it only open to those who subscribe to your newsletter?
Why are you not simply working on the features mentioned in this forum... it is coincidentally titled "Realm Works Feature Requests"
It is fairly obvious which top 5 features need to be implemented from a simple paging through the forum. At least two of them have been screamed since day one... export and calendar.
At this point, waiting for a survey seems like a stalling tactic.

Quite and opening to a thread. 7 posts with 1 that could resemble a productive or meaningful response by you. And that one post (conformations) is even questionable and determining what you were actually looking to see took prodding from other forum members (including Liz) to get you to convey your "need". Not to mention the original fact that you didn't want the information to begin with (Opt' Out remember)
Further, there were attempts from myself and other forum members and LWD to explain why the survey was not limited to just the forum community not only on this thread, but various places within the Forum.

THREAD:Can't even get update/crash on startup >
Quote:
Originally Posted by quotes
Any solutions yet or am I alone in this?
1st post, hummmm, lots of info there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quotes
I was able to get a NEW error message after updating.
Apparently this is my problem... bad WMI?ttp://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/s...ment-exception
Any advice on Windows 8.1?
Still no luck.
Anyone have an idea why I can't get it to load? I've downloaded the new version but getting the same error. New update didn't fix anything. Although the Help Desk contacted me but I haven't heard from them in a few days. Hopefully, they're really busy and not just scratching their head going "WTF?!" 24 days since RW worked.
7 days since I heard last from Customer Service.
Just counting...
Case 52018
..............I think it's worth noting the excellent Tech Support I've been receiving since the last post.........
7 posts total with 4 posts over 16 days before you actually got around to telling anyone any useable FAQs (and that took a prod from a forum member Parody) on what the problem was & what type of system & what you were trying to run& error codes, etc...
Although in your defense (and I do so only in fairness) you did comment that the tech support was very helpful and had hopes of resolution.. I can understand that software issues are frustrating and some people have the need for instant gratification, but that is what a support ticket is for.

THREAD:Realm Works Is It.>
Quote:
Just to announce you [I] wont be "reupping"
Wow that's helpful.

THREAD:First thoughts about RW:PE
Quote:
This sounds like a fairly major issue. Hopefully, easily fixed.
1post

THREAD:Cloud Service
Quote:
"Agreed. And folks who might feel upset about the clock ticking should also remember it as a deadline for LWD as well. Everybody is in the same boat. They have six months to convince people to pay monthly for their product.
We have six months to decide to pay monthly."
Wow and actual productive comment...

THREAD:Worldspinner - might be a great additional tool
1 post only an eye roll.. so not sure if that is a post.

THREAD:Print/Export created content.
Quote:
Still lacking this? Guess I'll check back in a couple months... RW continues to gather dust in my PC.
Yep another unproductive post.

THREAD:Collective Reviews
Quote:
I stopped using Realm Works a few months ago. Just stopped by to see if Print/Export is a reality. It's not. That's a shame because there's no point in inputting all that data and all that time if I can't use it efficiently. Without a Print/Export, I can't do that in the manner for which I envision it.
1 post, semi-productive till train-wrecked with Troll comment.

THREAD:Print/Export created content.
Quote:
+1, I've stopped using Realmworks since a few months ago. Without an export option, the information just sitting there looks pretty but is too clunky to use in-game unless it's PbP. Waste of time to input it if I can't get it back out.
1 post, though almost a duplicate to another in different thread.

THREAD:Sections, Sub-Sections and Duplication
Quote:
I'm building a Pendragon campaign. I have a section under "Individual" (renamed as Knight) that lists all family relations. I wanted to create a specific kind of sub-section that would allow me to add a number of snippets (pre-defined) under each union/marriage....................
1 post, An actual GOOD Post.

So to summarize, that's 22 posts total
1 Good Insightful post
2 semi good "troll tainted" posts
4 General Comments 3 of announcing your commitment not to renew or to use.
1 Emocon
7 post on technical problem 4 of which provided the developer nor the forum with any usable information to assist you.
7 posts on this thread that produced zero.

Your 1/3 (which wasn't exactly grand to begin with) is far from accurate.
Even if we overlook your less than helpful remarks sprinkled in, you only have managed 6 posts out of 22 of any miniscule value(27%). That's less than a third, and of those 6 only one (4% of total posts) came with out the prodding of other forum members.

"potential" Troll-like comment qualifiers:
Quote:
  • Hopefully, they're really busy and not just scratching their head going "WTF?!"
  • I'll check back in a few months... see if Realm Works has mastered the functionality of Bank Street Writer.
  • Seriously, Lone Wolf, this is dumb.
  • Eye roll Comment on an alt Kickstarter
If you insist on being a non-productive member of the community just stop wasting your time and ours and move on.

Infact it is we that have stooped to your level to assist you.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Kilgs

Old December 8th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Clearly. I apologize for using an internet forum in a manner that does not meet your approval. Please accept my humble apologies, Dark Lord. I am so ashamed... don't know what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Take a few minutes to stop and think of all the ways in which users will be blending published and personally created content. If your head doesn't start hurting, either you're overlooking a lot of very complex situations that need to be teased apart for clean handling or I need to hire you.
The problem is that there is no way to restrict/police all those ways. The only surefire method would be to "lock out" the specific snippets that are published/market content. Not sure how difficult that would be... But that won't even do it since a free-copy text program can lift it right off the screen. But this is no different than pdf's where anyone can copy/paste that same text onto the internet or personal wiki pages. A single company can't be expected to divine a method to secure all data within it when that data is meant to be used and manipulated by others. It's an unfair expectation and market collaborators should realize this. Derivative legal protections should cover their material but it would be up to them to enforce infractions.

In the end (in a happy ending), like DVD's, cassette tapes, pdfs and all other mediums, the market forces will win out where it will be too profitable not to allow your material to be available through the medium.

Last edited by Kilgs; December 8th, 2014 at 08:48 PM.
Kilgs is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 8th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Clearly. I apologize for using an internet forum in a manner that does not meet your approval. Please accept my humble apologies, Dark Lord. I am so ashamed... don't know what to do.
Accepted... though my "approval" is neither needed nor required. Just simply conveying if you are so dissatisfied and have no genuine desire to improve the product, then why waste your time (rhetorical here, no response needed or required)

Quote:
The problem is that there is no way to restrict/police all those ways. The only surefire method would be to "lock out" the specific snippets that are published/market content. Not sure how difficult that would be... But that won't even do it since a free-copy text program can lift it right off the screen. But this is no different than pdf's where anyone can copy/paste that same text onto the internet or personal wiki pages. A single company can't be expected to divine a method to secure all data within it when that data is meant to be used and manipulated by others. It's an unfair expectation and market collaborators should realize this. Derivative legal protections should cover their material but it would be up to them to enforce infractions....
Actually the problem here, is you have derailed your own thread. The DMCA protocols discussed here in this thread
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...t=51501&page=3
originally brought about by Salcor, commented on by many, clarified by Parody and answered by Rob (CEO of LWD).

Your concerns are good and bare some merit, but not in a thread on Why is the survey is being driven through the newsletter; Otherwise titled, less spectacularly, by you as "your survey irritates me"..

To refocus, the survey is not solely looking for what the "forum community" suggests but the larger public as well. Not all people in the community are on the forum. Some received their first immersions to LWD Realmworks at various conventions where they may have gotten the LWD web site info, or signed up for the newsletter. Hopefully that (and the many other comments above) help to clarify that.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #25 Reply With Quote