Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kilgs

Old April 4th, 2014, 09:43 PM
I'm building a Pendragon campaign.

I have a section under "Individual" (renamed as Knight) that lists all family relations. I wanted to create a specific kind of sub-section that would allow me to add a number of snippets (pre-defined) under each union/marriage.

I can create a sub-section (7.1.1Union) with the pre-defined snippets (date range, union type, children, discussion).

I have marked it as SHOWN but not AUTO-ADD. This allows me to click on the Tool icon and Add Sub-section, the window shows my (Union) section. But it only shows it once. If I use it, it disappears.

I want to create a sub-section template that I can simply select multiple times with the same pre-defined snippets. Is that possible or should I just add custom sub-sections to each individual when needed?

Similarily, I want to use the (Union) Sub-Section created for my Knight Topic in Individual, Lady etc. Basically, I want to create a few Sections that I can then automatically access in other Topics as well since the format works.
Kilgs is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 14th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Pre-defined sections are currently always single-instance. So once you add the section, it's been added and cannot be replicated - as you've discovered. The only current method for having "duplicate" sections would be to define the second and subsequent sections as custom sections, again as you've already deduced.

The only mechanism available for copying structure definitions is to duplicate an entire category. So you'll currently need to re-create the same section for each separate category where you want it. Alternately, you could create one category with this necessary section added and duplicate it multiple times for the different categories. You would then need to convert your existing topics over to the new topics and apply any customizations to those categories, so I'm guessing this probably is a less useful option than just add the new section a few times.

We can definitely add these capabilities. Please add these requests to the Feature Request forum, where other users can up-vote them and help us prioritize them relative to everything else on our plates.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote