Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

GreenTea

Old March 15th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Robert, you are awesome. Thanks for the bug fixes!
GreenTea is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Jaradakar

Old March 16th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Hi Robert!

Thank you so much for the bug updates! If you're ever in CA or Aliso Viejo let me know I'd buy you a beer :-)

Anyway I noticed that I don't think Archaon (WoC) is in fully. I believe you have 4 choices with him (depending on which mark he gets but they don't call them marks as often the bonus is much different than what a mark gives you).

Anyway just an FYI.

-Jara
Jaradakar is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
GreenTea

Old March 16th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaradakar View Post
Hi Robert!

Anyway I noticed that I don't think Archaon (WoC) is in fully. I believe you have 4 choices with him (depending on which mark he gets but they don't call them marks as often the bonus is much different than what a mark gives you).

Anyway just an FYI.

-Jara
I'm not sure what you're referring to-- are you looking at the 6.0 armybook, rather than the new one? There are no Mark choices for him to take.

Archaon seems to be in there for the most part, though I did notice a few omissions:

* At the top summary, it says "Causes Terror" . This should be solely under the Crown of Domination, since it's part of the Crown's perks.

* In the summary, it lists "Immune to Psychology"; this is incorrect. He is immune to Fear, Terror & Panic (which is already written in AB). Under Sword of Chaos, however, it states that there must be a unit of Chaos Knights (this is already done correctly in AB as well), and only if he leads this unit, then the unit itself becomes Immune to Psychology-- but note that he doesn't have to lead it. If he doesn't, then it would seem that he gets the benefits of ignoring the Immune to Psychology penalties... namely, he can choose to flee from a charge (and doesn't have to stand his ground as required by the rules). Maybe on another line write:
"Swords of Chaos: If leading his unit of knights, the unit gains Immune to Psychology."

* I'd rewrite the description for The Armor of Morkar to read: "Attacks need a minimum of 3+ to wound". Current wording seems a bit confusing.

* Steed of Apocalypse (Dorghar) needs the notation: "When not in a unit, treats difficult ground as open ground."

* Slayer of Kings should state at the beginning that it ignores armor saves.

Finally, Archaon has an armor save of 1+, not 0+ (his mount is already factored in).

If you'd find it useful, Robert, I'd be glad to go through the other heroes. My gaming group doesn't play with any named characters, so I never bothered to de-bug them.
GreenTea is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
GreenTea

Old March 16th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Forsaken need "Frenzy" added.
GreenTea is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
GreenTea

Old March 16th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Trolls:
* Mutant Regeneration should read: Regenerates, If 2+ wounds regenerated per phase, unit rolls on Eye of the Gods table. Does not extend to characters joining unit.
* Troll Vomit should read: "Each troll in base contact with enemy inflicts one magical S5 hit, no armor save."

Last edited by GreenTea; March 16th, 2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: subject line needed clarification
GreenTea is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Jaradakar

Old March 16th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
I'm not sure what you're referring to-- are you looking at the 6.0 armybook, rather than the new one? There are no Mark choices for him to take.

Archaon seems to be in there for the most part, though I did notice a few omissions:

* At the top summary, it says "Causes Terror" . This should be solely under the Crown of Domination, since it's part of the Crown's perks.

* In the summary, it lists "Immune to Psychology"; this is incorrect. He is immune to Fear, Terror & Panic (which is already written in AB). Under Sword of Chaos, however, it states that there must be a unit of Chaos Knights (this is already done correctly in AB as well), and only if he leads this unit, then the unit itself becomes Immune to Psychology-- but note that he doesn't have to lead it. If he doesn't, then it would seem that he gets the benefits of ignoring the Immune to Psychology penalties... namely, he can choose to flee from a charge (and doesn't have to stand his ground as required by the rules). Maybe on another line write:
"Swords of Chaos: If leading his unit of knights, the unit gains Immune to Psychology."

* I'd rewrite the description for The Armor of Morkar to read: "Attacks need a minimum of 3+ to wound". Current wording seems a bit confusing.

* Steed of Apocalypse (Dorghar) needs the notation: "When not in a unit, treats difficult ground as open ground."

* Slayer of Kings should state at the beginning that it ignores armor saves.

Finally, Archaon has an armor save of 1+, not 0+ (his mount is already factored in).

If you'd find it useful, Robert, I'd be glad to go through the other heroes. My gaming group doesn't play with any named characters, so I never bothered to de-bug them.
Page 69

"He has the follow bonuses

-Archaon is the chosen of Tzeentch and hence is a level 2 Tzeentch Sorc...

-Archaon is the chosen of Nurgle and hence....

-Archaon is the chosen of Slaanesh...

-Archaon is the chosen of Khorne and hence has...

None of these options are listed or available for him.
Jaradakar is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
GreenTea

Old March 16th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaradakar View Post
Page 69

"He has the follow bonuses

-Archaon is the chosen of Tzeentch and hence is a level 2 Tzeentch Sorc...

-Archaon is the chosen of Nurgle and hence....

-Archaon is the chosen of Slaanesh...

-Archaon is the chosen of Khorne and hence has...

None of these options are listed or available for him.
Check again. They're already in his description. Add him to an army list and do a print preview, and you'll see he has all those perks already allocated:

- +1 to casting, sorc. level +2 (2 power dice, 1 dispell die)
- Immune to poisoned attacks, incoming attacks at -1 to hit
- Immune to Fear, Terror, Panic, troops use his leadership within 18"
- Magic Resistance (2)
GreenTea is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
bordercount

Old March 18th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Not to nitpick your great work, but Dark Elves still can't select a DoW Giant.
bordercount is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Benman

Old March 18th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Are Dark Elves still alowed to take DoW? In the new Lizardmen book DoW are not mentioned. (they were still mentioned in the old army book).
Benman is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old March 18th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I taught they were phasing out DoW
gilvagor is offline   #20 Reply With Quote