Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Joshua

Old May 11th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Oi... That happens in Buffalo NY and Denver CO (both places I've lived) -all the time- too, hehe. But I see what you're saying.
Joshua is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Daelda

Old February 24th, 2013, 05:16 PM
I want to be able to customize the weather generation a bit (if possible). I'm running a post-apocalyptic game where there are occasional acid rain storms, sandstorms or even radiation storms. I'm hoping that if (when) they add in a weather generation module, they allow us the ability to tinker with it a bit, to reflect any special weather conditions of our campaign.
Daelda is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old February 25th, 2013, 07:31 PM
It would be great if Lone Wolf could get the code for the MilieuSim's Weathermaster. That was an awesome program for weather generation.

Salcor
salcor is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old February 28th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salcor View Post
It would be great if Lone Wolf could get the code for the MilieuSim's Weathermaster. That was an awesome program for weather generation.
I concur, that was definitely the best out there. The reliance on their own servers really is a pain in the backside as they're no longer in business, although there is a workaround.

Just to put something concrete out as a starting point for discussion, I'd love to see the following capabilities, many of which are at the core of Weather Master:

* Ability to configure everything below for multiple locations, preferably specified by longitude and lattitude.
* Calculate sunrise and sunset (formulas are avail on Wikipedia)
* Integrate with the calendars already in RW.
* Calculate the movement of moons. Weather Master did 3, but only showed 2 on the calendar.
* Ability to compute everything for a date range and store (past and future) in the calendar database. In my calendar, I had computed hundreds of years as I'd had intentions of doing stuff on moon conjunctions (when two or three are at a certain phase together).

Bonus items

* Search for the aforementioned conjunctions.
* Eclipses (That's some really serious math, I'm not really expecting it, but maybe an approximation?)
* Allow us to enter descriptions/effects of moons in each of 8 phases and allow the players to click on a moon somewhere to see what it's like on any day from start of campaign to present.

I think that's it for now.

Gary
weogarth is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
SMPress

Old March 1st, 2013, 09:55 AM
I would love to see weather. I am also hoping for a calendar. I want to track seasopnal changes, and with varying downtimes as characters craft and whatnot, it is a pin to track on paper... Looking forward to one stop shopping for everything!
SMPress is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old March 1st, 2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMPress View Post
<snip> I am also hoping for a calendar. I want to track seasopnal changes, and with varying downtimes as characters craft and whatnot, it is a pin to track on paper...<snip>
In the Kickstarter, they told us about the calendar system and I nearly tripped over my tongue. Many different calendars that you can tie to a master calendar so that you can easily convert back and forth.
weogarth is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old March 1st, 2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salcor View Post

Salcor
Agreed, that was a nifty app back in the day. I occasionally look to see if there have been any replacements for it, but haven't looked recently.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyofdragons View Post
Agreed, that was a nifty app back in the day. I occasionally look to see if there have been any replacements for it, but haven't looked recently.
You can still get it and use it. Has to be on XP and you have to manipulate a file/registry key to fool it into thinking it's in the first 30 days since it was built to need to check in with a server. A bit of Google work should provide all the answers.
weogarth is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post
You can still get it and use it. Has to be on XP and you have to manipulate a file/registry key to fool it into thinking it's in the first 30 days since it was built to need to check in with a server. A bit of Google work should provide all the answers.
Yup, found it on wayback so I can use it for at least 30 days in demo mode, also found a forum post with some discussion that the original developer may be thinking about a new version for ipad, but nothing concrete on that for the past year. It does work on Win7, by the way, as long as you run both the install and the program as admin.

I'd love to see a good stable replacement for it though, that can automatically push the information into the calendar in Realm Works, but includes a good realistic weather generation algorithm. Would make a good add-on once the core features are set.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old March 3rd, 2013, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyofdragons View Post
It does work on Win7, by the way, as long as you run both the install and the program as admin.
Oh, hmmm. I do believe I'll have to retry that.

I didn't have too much invested in the version I had in XP Mode on my Win7 so recreating it wouldn't be a hard thing. Thanks!

Did you find the batch file or tip to make one that cleared the key to bypass the 30 day thing?
weogarth is offline   #20 Reply With Quote