Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Acenoid

Old January 20th, 2018, 03:19 AM
...and that is why i like offline - it's simple. :P

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #281 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old January 21st, 2018, 07:20 AM
Thanks Ian for taking the time to comb through and rebuttal... the community needs more of that.

In referencing to your comment on the UI for PF (and other systems) vs Starfinder... my frame of reference was referring less to "How it will look" (ie visually or UI) but more to the point that there are things within PF, D20 (and others), that simply (by internal code) don't bridge the same.

You would have to concede that while all "sub-programs" (for lack of a better descriptor) are similar, they are not identical. From my own experience PF code and D20 coding is "similar" but in several cases incompatible (or the basic structure simply does not exist), so without addressing those elements, the UI can't (unless LWD intends on customizing the UI and HLO for each???) manage those differences without first bridging the code. Potions, and scrolls come to mind here as just examples that could effect a PC or group. But not trying to turn this into a coding conversation either.

Historically, it seems nothing is as "easy" as LWD would suggest, when the time comes to making those visions reality. But, hey, they aren't the only ones that suffer from that.

I like the Iceberg analogy, consider it usurped! And thanks again for the response, it at least lets all know a little about the "ice" below the waves....

@ Eightbitz- Yes, read that as well, and had several conversations about it with BJ at Gencon50

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #282 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old January 21st, 2018, 08:15 AM
Dark Lord Galen, he did not address two of my observations: specifically, why are bug reports not getting acknowledged on a timely basis any more and why are we seeing so precious few updates? Even when they were working on getting exports working so they could get the CM in place, we saw better turnaround in both respects. So, something is taking the air out of RW, and if it isn't the CM, what is it? If the programming resources dedicated to RW had remained constant, we would at least see some updates it would seem.
Bidmaron is offline   #283 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old January 21st, 2018, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
Dark Lord Galen, he did not address two of my observations: specifically, why are bug reports not getting acknowledged on a timely basis any more and why are we seeing so precious few updates? Even when they were working on getting exports working so they could get the CM in place, we saw better turnaround in both respects. So, something is taking the air out of RW, and if it isn't the CM, what is it? If the programming resources dedicated to RW had remained constant, we would at least see some updates it would seem.
Point Taken, I had a binocular view of the rebuttal (mainly my own ,) since he dissected my earlier thread for the rebuttals.. but your points are valid.

Not known to defend LWD much myself, but since (as LWD Rob has rebuttaled elsewhere) the group that is LWD is relatively small (ie 20 people is probably too much credit here) and they are divided into two defined camps (ie Herolab / Realworks) which are further sub-sectioned by game system, I would imagine based on who responded in what community threads (ie Shadow, Sedric, Silvaris, Farling, Ian, Joe, etc), the list of actual support personnel dwindles rapidly (especially if you remove community volunteer support)... so your questions are certainly is one of concern.

I ran into similar support issues, and finally via a thread elsewhere by Michael (aka Parody) I just resolved it myself.. but in some cases you are at the mercy of LWD..
As in a different support case I have. One of my player version I have that is still DOA after 2 years... I simply, but sadly gave up and purchased another license to keep the only player that actually uses it at my table running.

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #284 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old January 21st, 2018, 10:29 AM
I don't want to get a thread shutdown, so I wasn't going to say anything, but couldn't sit quiet when he clearly did not address my two main points. You are a notable around here, and I am also not trying to get into a urination contest with you (or anyone).
Bidmaron is offline   #285 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old January 21st, 2018, 12:07 PM
Its all good my friend.... for myself (having been a moderator and a contributing writer to other forums) as long as the banty doesn't turn into a flame session and stays on task I think the community should bring in the hard,but unpopular questions. For me it is a good thing... but YMMV and I am certain in the minority on this site

As to the "recent updates of the content market" we can all conjecture the "status"...

But unfortunately, its still mostly just conjecture, excluding those few who, on occasion get unchained (looking at you Ian heheh) from their desk and at least give us that tiny bit of light at the end of a long dark windy tunnel...

Now who is to say that it's the end... or simply another train headed our way... only time will tell ...

just my 2cp

Dark Lord Galen is offline   #286 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old January 22nd, 2018, 06:46 AM
DLG, I have to second your position with regards to conjecture. And also part about the hard serving wageslaves grinding away...

We will just have to wait to hear from BJ and the new communications guy.

Have a great new year everyone...
Grey Mage is offline   #287 Reply With Quote
Jujutsuka

Old January 22nd, 2018, 10:34 AM
Having kept up on things as well as I can, the questions I would like to respectfully ask are as follows;

1. Doesn't the existing functionality and content present on the CM demonstrate that it is capable of handling materials other than Paizo products?

2. If that is the case, why do we not see the release of the 5e SRD, 5e materials from TPPs, or any materials from the dozens of other popular RPGs?

3. Are the only products pending release at this point Paizo Pathfinder products? I have received confirmation from Columbia Games that they are intent to release Harnmaster/Harnworld products on the CM, any reason why that can't happen?
Jujutsuka is offline   #288 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old January 22nd, 2018, 11:03 AM
I agree with Jujutsuka.
Free content has been released.
They mentioned backers also got 2 other items released to Content Market.
This proves it's working.

So are we saying there is no other 3rd market content other than Paizo?

if so, where is it?
joepacelli is offline   #289 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 22nd, 2018, 12:47 PM
Released (Free for Everyone)
  1. Isle of Kandril (Pathfinder)
  2. We Be Goblins (Pathfinder)
  3. Streets of Zobeck (Pathfinder)
  4. Pixies on Parade (5E)

Released (Kickstarter Materials)
  1. Halls of the Mountain King (Pathfinder)
  2. Blood Drive (Savage Worlds)
  3. Masks (NPCs) (System Neutral)
  4. Eureka (Adventure Plots) (System Neutral)

Unreleased (Kickstarter Materials)
  1. Never Unprepared (GM Prep Guide) (System Neutral)
  2. Pirate's Guide to Freeport (System Neutral, but with Companions for FATE and "at least one other system" included)
  3. Razor Coast (Pathfinder)
  4. The Blight (Pathfinder)
  5. The Grande Temple of Jing (Pathfinder)

All of the Pathfinder on these lists with the exception of We Be Goblins is 3rd party. I'm not sure what the holdup is on the unreleased KS materials, partly because we haven't been told (as far as I know) who is responsible for the data entry on them.

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; January 22nd, 2018 at 12:51 PM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #290 Reply With Quote