Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

VinegarTree

Old May 15th, 2020, 06:37 AM
Hello team,

I had a few questions.

1) @Lvl 3: The Operative and Mechanic class gain the weapon specialization feat. How can I get the feat to be registered and determine which class of weapon to apply it to?

2) My Ysoki Mechanic Character rolled a 17 for intelligence when building his character. His total score should be 19. I'm getting the ''Bonuses from your race and theme cannot raise an ability score above 18.'' prompt. Is there any way around this?

Thank you!
VinegarTree is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old May 17th, 2020, 11:23 PM
1. It should Auto Apply to all your class weapons.

2. In Starfinder you can't start with an ability higher then 18. (Pg 18 & 20 core book)

Quote:
OPTIONAL METHOD: ROLLING ABILITY SCORES

...You still can’t have any single ability score higher than 18. If points from a race or theme would push you over that amount, you still just get the 18, and those additional points are lost; they can’t be assigned anywhere else....

Last edited by Dragnmoon; May 17th, 2020 at 11:30 PM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
VinegarTree

Old May 18th, 2020, 07:17 AM
Thank you for your input @Dragnmoon.

1) Although it show's up in the classes' description, you are not able to select the type of weapon it is applied to and thus the effects aren't calculated. The workaround is to add an extra feat to represent the ''weapon specialization'' bonuses...

2) I agree with you, my character rolled a 17 on his dice, and as a Ysoki has a +2 racial modifier to intelligence. Thus his total score is 19, his racial modifier isn't automatically added...
VinegarTree is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old May 18th, 2020, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinegarTree View Post
Thank you for your input @Dragnmoon.

1) Although it show's up in the classes' description, you are not able to select the type of weapon it is applied to and thus the effects aren't calculated. The workaround is to add an extra feat to represent the ''weapon specialization'' bonuses...

2) I agree with you, my character rolled a 17 on his dice, and as a Ysoki has a +2 racial modifier to intelligence. Thus his total score is 19, his racial modifier isn't automatically added...
1. You are not able to select the weapon because it is already done for you in the background. If you look at your class weapons you have equipped will see the bonus added to the damage.

2. You must have misunderstood me, You can't have a 19 Ability score at first level. It is not allowed in Starfinder. Look at the rule I quoted and read pages 18-20 of the core book. You can not start with an ability score higher then 18 even with race or theme bonus.
Dragnmoon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote