Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

InnocentSoul

Old November 16th, 2015, 11:01 PM
- Support of adding prefixes and suffixes with the name.
- A default option of what container it should be placed in. Considering that it defaults to "No Container" I would like to see it able to change the default to the other two options of Current and Last. Which the default is would just be a check box on the same window next to each option, or at least remember the last used option. I create about 50 articles a day on average so it makes it easier to create faster when the options are just already checked.
- Option to create and continue quick create. This way one could mass create content. When the person clicks on this option, it adds the article to the list, but also keeps the quick create open so you can continue making articles without having to Ctrl+Q again and again. Slower computers really take a while to load each menu and submenu so it helps to make it so it doesn't have to close and reopen a window but instead leave an existing window open to create more content.
- A button for mass quick create would be nice. A feature like this would have the same options as quick create like grouping, tags, view, and containers. But it would allow one to make a bunch of articles at once with the option for prefixes, suffixes, and aliases, as side options in a more table format. This allows those to lay out the foundation on what articles to prepare for referencing.
InnocentSoul is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2015, 01:24 AM
The second option is already available. You can expand the Quick Create form to the right by clicking on the "Advanced" strip along the right edge of the form. When you click it, you'll see the options to specify the container, an initial custom view, special tags, and alternate names. The other things you request would need to be added.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old November 17th, 2015, 04:47 AM
Rob, the second option is available, but it defaults to "no container" every time the dialog box is opened. Compare that to the Empty tag checkbox, which remembers its state between uses. It would be nice if I'm entering a bunch of topics to click the radio button for current topic or last topic for the container the first time I use ctrl+Q, and then have it continue to use the same topic for the container on subsequent uses until I change it.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old November 17th, 2015, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Automaton View Post
Rob, the second option is available, but it defaults to "no container" every time the dialog box is opened. Compare that to the Empty tag checkbox, which remembers its state between uses. It would be nice if I'm entering a bunch of topics to click the radio button for current topic or last topic for the container the first time I use ctrl+Q, and then have it continue to use the same topic for the container on subsequent uses until I change it.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. I most often use Quick Create to make a bunch of placeholder topics at once, most often all within the same containing topic - having to mouse over to reselect the containing topic every single time is cumbersome. Either having the radio button be sticky, or having somewhere to set the default would go a long way to make this workflow more efficient.
JustinThomason is offline   #4 Reply With Quote