Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

james@ticalun.net

Old June 21st, 2014, 06:39 AM
Will the player edition allow my players to add comments, notes, etc. to my Realm Works collection? It seems they must have some way to have write access so their notes any my notes etc all end up I one place. This is the main thing I've been looking for in software to really close the loop with my group. I don't think it needs to be so complex as each player has their own access and visibility, but just a general public access that all my players use and is visible to them and me.

James R Coplin
james@ticalun.net is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old June 22nd, 2014, 05:00 PM
+1 to this
jkthomsen9 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 22nd, 2014, 08:33 PM
If you haven't already, I recommend reading this thread on messages for the GM. It discusses the issues surrounding how player contributions to a realm might work and some issues involved.

Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
james@ticalun.net

Old June 24th, 2014, 11:48 AM
This kind of messaging isn't what I'm talking about. I want to have snippets that either I can add to items or my players can that allow them to add their own notes to items in my database. I can see the obvious problem with each player having their own isolated notes and the management problem that would cause for visibility.

I would like to see a blanket login to my system that all my players would use and any text, comments, description, etc. they added would be visible to me and any other player looking. Basically, they would be totally public. What I don't want, is to spend all this time populating all these topics and have my players having to rely on notebooks etc to keep track of their notes. I want everything in one place. I can't imagine this should be that difficult. I would be fine with it being something as basic as a snippet I would have to add to a topic and give them access to populate.

James
james@ticalun.net is offline   #4 Reply With Quote