Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bidmaron

Old June 13th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Can someone elaborate on what you mean when you containerize something it rescans? Am I to understand that if you containerize say, a city, that any entries that referenced that city will now link to the city? Or are you saying that containerizing cause the entry you are containerizing to rescan?
Bidmaron is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 13th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Making (almost?) any change to a Topic or Article will cause Realm Works to rescan for links, including the items on the right.

You don't have to make any changes at all, though. Select the Topic or Article in the Navigation Pane, press F7, and select Quick Edit Content/Scan for New Content Links... to link to things you've added after the last time you edited the article.

Parody is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old June 14th, 2014, 07:29 AM
I've found it to be habit now to open topics, press space, press backspace and save. All links are rescanned if I didn't tell RW to ignore them.

If I want RW to rescan links that I've told it to ignore, I copy/paste that snippet to a new snippet with a quick CTRL-A, CTRL-C, CTRL-ENTER, CTRL-V, done. On save, all links in the document, including previously ignored links in the "new" snippet are rescanned.
AEIOU is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old June 14th, 2014, 07:58 AM
@Bidmaron.. When you add a container to a topic, that topic re-scans.. just like any other edit. Using the containers is just an easy way to remind myself that I want to do this for a bunch of topics that inter-relate and where I don't want to create a bunch of empty topics our of order, as I will get to them all eventually. In my case, it is Spells in Pathfinder, specifically.. they refer to each other out of alphabetical order of creation, so it is easier to enter them all and re-scan them all by moving them to containers after all have been created.

@AEIOU... you can achieve the same effect on a snippet by accessing the snippet's tools menu, and under "Content text" (I think) there is an option to "Clear and re-scan for links" which will clear and scan all.
Silveras is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old June 14th, 2014, 12:25 PM
@Silveras: But "Clear and re-scan" gets rid of custom linkages as well. Aliases are great if I re-use the alias frequently, but I often have one-off needs for an alternate name. So I don't use clear.
AEIOU is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old June 17th, 2014, 06:17 PM
That's how I thought it worked. I thought the other poster was saying that containerizing an entry would cause records referring to the entry to magically connect. When they get that feature working, they will have worked magic.
Bidmaron is offline   #16 Reply With Quote