Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jujutsuka

Old November 23rd, 2016, 08:21 PM
Is there a current function to allow a user to replace all instances of a word with another throughout a topic, article, or the entire realm?

My apologies if I am posting in the wrong place, or if this is a redundant post.
Jujutsuka is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old November 23rd, 2016, 08:25 PM
No, I don't believe so, but I'll kick myself if the feature exists and I've been missing it all this time.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 23rd, 2016, 08:31 PM
If you change a topic's name the system will prompt you to go to every topic that links to that topic and fix the names. Other than that I don't know of any bulk search and replace features.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Jujutsuka

Old November 23rd, 2016, 08:49 PM
Well, thanks for the input. I'll see if there is a request for this feature yet, and throw in my input or new request as needed. Thank you!
Jujutsuka is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DaFranker

Old November 23rd, 2016, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujutsuka View Post
Well, thanks for the input. I'll see if there is a request for this feature yet, and throw in my input or new request as needed. Thank you!
If you need some kind of workaround in the meantime because you have a big pile of stuff to replace, drop me a PM and I can write up a quick AutoIt script that will do a search-replace for every snippet in the current topic/article. Can be made into a self-exec or, if you don't trust random stranger code, run through the AutoIt programs.

If needed I can also expand it to run through a list of linked topics/articles (e.g. set up a User Note page where each line is linked to a Topic you want to parse and do search/replace for each snippet).
DaFranker is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2016, 10:05 PM
I'll now selling tickets to see @MNBlockHead kicking himself. Hurry, they're going fast!!

It's limited to an entire topic or article, but there is definitely a Find, as well as a Replace. This includes Replace All.

When in Edit mode of a topic/article, look at the Format ribbon at the top. There is an Editing section that contains both a Find and a Replace button. These operations are tied to the standard <ctrl+F> and <ctrl+H> keyboard shortcuts that Microsoft Word uses. Within the Replace option, there is a Replace All option. It works quite well!

Hurry! Tickets going fast! See @MNBlockHead kick himself!
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Jujutsuka

Old November 23rd, 2016, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
When in Edit mode of a topic/article, look at the Format ribbon at the top. There is an Editing section that contains both a Find and a Replace button. These operations are tied to the standard <ctrl+F> and <ctrl+H> keyboard shortcuts that Microsoft Word uses. Within the Replace option, there is a Replace All option. It works quite well!
Perfect, Rob! This is EXACTLY the feature I was looking for! Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question!
Jujutsuka is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
mazzy

Old November 24th, 2016, 06:27 AM
Quote:
I'll now selling tickets to see @MNBlockHead kicking himself. Hurry, they're going fast!!

<snip>

Hurry! Tickets going fast! See @MNBlockHead kick himself!
ROFL!! Can we do a live twitch event?!
mazzy is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old November 24th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Quote:
This is exactly what I use when copying stuff from an OCR'd page (of a book I own). I find it invaluable for correcting the one common mistake that the OCR always seems to make. It's not so great when you have multiple errors or if "a" becomes "g" for example but if there is a two digit error, it works great.
Gord is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old November 25th, 2016, 07:01 PM
Man...that's what I get for not double-checking before posting.

So, uh, I kicked the heck out of myself, not realizing that tickets were being sold. But fear not, a re-enactment was filmed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZb7MVwctug

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #10 Reply With Quote