Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old June 20th, 2014, 07:16 PM
My understanding of the licensing terms is that each individual who has purchased the software can install the product on as many devices as they wish, so long as they will be the ones using the product.

However, I'd like to know if two or more people who have each purchased a license can regularly access each others' accounts without violating license terms?

I understand that this is technically possible, just by sharing usernames and passwords. And I understand we'd have to take care to maintain database integrity by having each account online with only one device at a time and by always syncing when opening the realm and when closing after any changes have been made.

My question is about licensing rather than technical pitfalls.
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old June 20th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Basically, I'm wondering about using this as a makeshift collaboration/sharing method until the real one comes online.
EightBitz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old June 20th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Or even afterward if it works well for us.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 23rd, 2014, 08:31 AM
It's against the Realm Works Terms of Service to share your account information with another person. You can find the Terms of Service in C>Program Files (x86)>Realm Works>Docs.

Last edited by liz; June 23rd, 2014 at 08:42 AM.
liz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old June 23rd, 2014, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
It's against the Realm Works Terms of Service to share your account information with another person. You can find the Terms of Service in C>Program Files (x86)>Realm Works>Docs.
I wasn't certain if that was only to make sure each user purchased a license or not. That was why I was asking. I understand your answer to be the final word, though.

Thanks.
EightBitz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote