Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

WeAreNotTwoGoblinsInACloa

Old January 10th, 2021, 12:02 PM
I'm struggling with the HLO In Play options. I'm in a session, on the stage, characters added, in tactical mode. I can open an individual sheet and click on abilities (such as an attack) to roll them, but I don't see any targeting. I see no way (for example) to have an Akata roll an attack against a PC. I just have to roll and then manually apply the results to the PC and then manually do a Fort Save versus disease on the PC if the bite hits.

I also don't see a way to properly use special abilities. A gnome bard PC has Bardic Performance. I can track uses per day on the sheet, but I don't see a way to use the performance to automatically apply a buff to other characters. Similarly, I see no way to apply a spell's results to anyone.

I know I must be missing something. Any pointers?
WeAreNotTwoGoblinsInACloa is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old January 10th, 2021, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that the assumption is that players are supposed to be taking care of their own characters; the stated policy of LWD is that GMs are not permitted to do anything to a character they don't own.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old January 11th, 2021, 09:36 AM
Charlieluce is correct, although the promise of campaign theater is that eventually things like party bonuses from spells can automatically be applied to everyone. I hope we get there eventually. It would be so nice to be able to include loot in scene scripts and check things off as they find them, transferring them to the party.
mototom is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Tohmaturge

Old January 12th, 2021, 05:33 PM
Pretty sure the current "way to go" would be for each player to give themselves a "temporary spell adjustment". Once done, they can just toggle it on/off from the Play Screen
Tohmaturge is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 13th, 2021, 09:33 AM
The ability for a party member to give everyone a buff, and for me to be able to make an adjustment set for "all"... rather than open each of the character sheets and apply a bonus to each one at a time...

That is one of the features I'm looking forward to.
Ualaa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old January 15th, 2021, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
The ability for a party member to give everyone a buff, and for me to be able to make an adjustment set for "all"... rather than open each of the character sheets and apply a bonus to each one at a time...

That is one of the features I'm looking forward to.
me too.
dacoobob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote