Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kbs666

Old July 24th, 2017, 10:52 PM
You're using terminology in a strange way for RW and I think that is confusing people.

There is no race/species tab in RW. There is a category with that type. When you modify an article of that type the format toolbar will be available. You cannot make an empty table appear in a particular snippet when you create a new article of a particular category automatically if that is what you want.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old July 25th, 2017, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
I see no format toolbar in the "Mechanics Reference" under the "Race/Species" tab. The only option on that tab is a button labeled "Modify Category" with a blue arrow on it. There is an option to "Create new Race/Species article" but I wanted to include the tables for race info on the tab. Clicking the "Modify Category" button doesn't help either.
The format tab in the ribbon will appear when a topic is in edit-mode and your cursor is in a snippet.

Otherwise it will be hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
I just noticed something.
I can't seem to find a category for Experience Guidelines and Leveling up. Is there a category for this that I missed somewhere?
I don't know - I guess it depends on the system RW is set up to use.

But if you need a category you can always make one. I do that a lot.

But beware of the pitfalls of doing so - especially relevant if you are going to make content that should be useable by others - or if you plan to import other people's content.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old July 25th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
You're using terminology in a strange way for RW and I think that is confusing people.

There is no race/species tab in RW. There is a category with that type. When you modify an article of that type the format toolbar will be available. You cannot make an empty table appear in a particular snippet when you create a new article of a particular category automatically if that is what you want.
I've called the category sections tabs, this is similar terminology across a myriad of other software. I would say the Race/Species tab is under the "Characters" category (or even call that a tab), a different way is to call it a sub category of the "Characters" category.. But stating "tab" is quicker than stating "Category" or sub category.
But of course there are tabs to have different sections open at the same time, so I can see how this is confusing. Apologies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargr View Post
The format tab in the ribbon will appear when a topic is in edit-mode and your cursor is in a snippet.

Otherwise it will be hidden.

I don't know - I guess it depends on the system RW is set up to use.

But if you need a category you can always make one. I do that a lot.

But beware of the pitfalls of doing so - especially relevant if you are going to make content that should be useable by others - or if you plan to import other people's content.
I created a snippet under the Race/Species sub category that has the table with the races in it. They all link to the appropriate race. I also just discovered that I could move the races I have under the Ethnic group to the Races of Mithra sub category under the "People" category in the World Almanac.

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #13 Reply With Quote