Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Tickkid

Old April 17th, 2016, 08:30 AM
Hi friends,

I have an image that is uploaded as a smart image into realmworks that I somehow have deleted outside of it. I want to try to pull that image out of realmworks - can I? If so, how.
Tickkid is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old April 17th, 2016, 08:52 AM
The only way to export a SmartImage is to do a screen capture. The Windows Snipping Tool works well for this. Yes, this is pretty lame.

When the RW survey was first held to determine priorities, a small (but very vocal) number of us pushed for export/print capabilities because it's a functionality that cannot be replaced by other programs outside of RW -- unlike calendars, player journals, etc. It has to be built into the core of RW from the beginning or it becomes difficult to implement or half-derriered as something stapled on to check a feature box. Now that people have seen how badly it's needed, I hope the upcoming survey moves it up in priority and gets done well. We NEED robust export and print capabilities.
AEIOU is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tickkid

Old April 17th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
The only way to export a SmartImage is to do a screen capture. The Windows Snipping Tool works well for this. Yes, this is pretty lame.

When the RW survey was first held to determine priorities, a small (but very vocal) number of us pushed for export/print capabilities because it's a functionality that cannot be replaced by other programs outside of RW -- unlike calendars, player journals, etc. It has to be built into the core of RW from the beginning or it becomes difficult to implement or half-derriered as something stapled on to check a feature box. Now that people have seen how badly it's needed, I hope the upcoming survey moves it up in priority and gets done well. We NEED robust export and print capabilities.
Noted - that is what I was afraid of, but that is ok. Just have to keep better track of them myself. Thank you.
Tickkid is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 17th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Try the following...

1. Load the smart image into the content pane
2. Hide all pins via the floating toolbar
3. Make the image size 1:1 via the floating toolbar
4. Go to the Options menu at the top and select Save View to File

This should give you the original image contents as a PNG file. Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old April 17th, 2016, 05:51 PM
Rob, I think I'm missing something.

By Options menu, do you mean the Hammer and Wrench? I don't see an option to Save View to File in my version of RW from that tool on Smartimages. Could you throw up a screenshot or more precise description for the Options menu, please?

Or are you thinking of unSmart images which do have the option to Export to File. (The only item that is actually exportable from RW to my knowledge).
AEIOU is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old April 17th, 2016, 06:20 PM
Sounds like we're getting a new feature, though perhaps not the desired one. (Why not have an option to save just the image part to a file so we don't have to hide pins and resize it first?)

In a similar workaroundy fashion, you can get anything you can view externally back from Realm Works; if your viewer doesn't allow you to Save As, just copy it out of your Temp folder.

It's still better to keep your source files separate from RW and only put in things you don't need to get back.

Last edited by Parody; April 17th, 2016 at 06:23 PM.
Parody is online now   #6 Reply With Quote