Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 28th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Adding a screen shot that shows that I've edited the name on a Shadow twice after new update (8.8c?). The first edit added an extra (Ex), etc. onto the Specials. The second added two, as shown in the screenshot below. Each edit is exponential in adding appended data. It isn't me this time, because I tried this on default d20 data outside of my user file, so this is new behavior. Hope this helps out.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; January 28th, 2019 at 07:01 PM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 28th, 2019, 07:04 PM
Does correct itself when data is reloaded. But every edit will again propagate.
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Horcoel

Old January 28th, 2019, 08:17 PM
it happened to me too.Both in 3.5 D&D and M&M 3E products
Horcoel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Eilserves

Old January 28th, 2019, 08:39 PM
I was coming to try to figure out how to report a "general HL bug" and found your post. It's happening to me as well since updating to 8.8c, using Pathfinder, Mutants and MasterMinds 3rd Ed, World of Darkness, and Shadowrun 5th Ed.
Eilserves is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old January 29th, 2019, 04:54 AM
Workaround for this duplication bug described by Ryan F in another post:

"Hello everyone,

Thank you all very much for letting us know. We've gotten a number of reports of this and other similar behavior when a number of Activated Abilities are enables/disabled. Our dev team is working on a fix as we speak but for now I do have a workaround to prevent this from occurring and to clear the existing display errors.

Inside Hero Lab with any RPG System open use the Develop Menu Tab and select the option to "Disable Fast Evaluation for Game" and you'll see the duplicate suffix/notes/appendages removed and begin to display as intended. This fix should "stick" to the Application for all Portfolios after you've enabled it to resume more/less normal use of the Application for the time being.

As always, you guys are great, and if you find ever something is going awry then you can of course post about it here on the forums, but please also reach out to us at our support inbox <support@wolflair.com> so we can be sure to have the BUG internally tracked as well.

Thanks everyone, you all rock!"
Rone is offline   #5 Reply With Quote