Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Nokowi

Old May 1st, 2019, 05:26 PM
I am interested in altering the text in the Weapon Summary Window on the editor. Is this possible? If so, can I have an example of modifying the weapon summary for a specific weapon attack?

I am interested using this to do two things:
1. Blank out any weapons that are not currently equipped
2. Insert a Ranged and Melee condition button that alters what text is shown in the Weapon Summary Window.

I know how to change the item descriptions, but I just want changes in the Weapon Summary Window, as this is what I want to use during combat.

Thanks!
Nokowi is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 1st, 2019, 07:30 PM
You can change the livename, but you'd have to create some script to blank the weapon damage. As far as I know, last time I tried, I couldn't change that no matter how I tried. It has two scripts with the same timing in the Final Phase, and you have to change that field between the two scripts. It will not do that even if you make a script at the same timing.

Anyways, that's all calculated in HL code and filled in then. I don't know if you will be able to alter or change it (though you can work on the bonuses and livename of the item).
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nokowi

Old May 2nd, 2019, 10:28 PM
foreach pick in hero where "wCategory.Melee?"
hero.findchild[BaseWep,"wCategory.Melee"].field[livename].text = " "
nexteach

Here is what I have so far, but it keeps returning to the first instance where it finds a melee weapon.

Very new to programming. Is there a way to cycle to the next instance this is true?
Nokowi is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 3rd, 2019, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokowi View Post
hero.findchild[BaseWep,"wCategory.Melee"].field[livename].text = " "
nexteach

Here is what I have so far, but it keeps returning to the first instance where it finds a melee weapon.

Very new to programming. Is there a way to cycle to the next instance this is true?
When using the foreach loop, you are asking HL to look for all instances on the hero that have the tag placed within the quotes. In this case "wCategory.Melee?". To affect all of those cases you need to use 'each' within the loop like this:

Code:
  each.field[livename].text = "test"
nexteach
This line of code would change all things on your character with that tag to have the livename test.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Nokowi

Old May 3rd, 2019, 07:33 AM
Thanks!

My band-aid solution to only the melee attack progression showing up on the summary window has been:

1. Add a condition "Ranged Attack" that can be selected. When selected:
2. Blank out all weapons coded with the melee option
3. Add in extra attacks from any ranged feats
4. Convert melee attack bonus to ranged attack bonus

Not a perfect solution, and I have to create a thrown-only version of weapons that have both the throwing and melee tag (throwing dagger).

If anyone has a more elegant solution, I'd like to hear any suggestions.
Nokowi is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 6th, 2019, 06:00 PM
I did try that some time ago, I also was not able to get that to work. Sometimes HL just does what it does and there's no scripting that will fix it (though you can hack some things, they get destroyed on each update, so I stopped doing that).
Kendall-DM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote