Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 1st, 2019, 09:15 PM
Fixed it up for you. This works, but I've just commented out the code so that you can see how each piece works by commenting each in. Hope that helps out.

One last aside, you only need to select the variant class once, not at each level. Once selected, all druid levels are the variant druid levels (which still carry the original druid abilities unless you override them in the variant).
Attached Files
File Type: email 0000 Test.user (7.0 KB, 1 views)
Kendall-DM is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
cshadow133

Old April 2nd, 2019, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Fixed it up for you. This works, but I've just commented out the code so that you can see how each piece works by commenting each in. Hope that helps out.

One last aside, you only need to select the variant class once, not at each level. Once selected, all druid levels are the variant druid levels (which still carry the original druid abilities unless you override them in the variant).
It looks good to me and seems to work with the choosing of the Domain as well as allowing me to still use the Wild Shape spells that are setup in the system. It lets me choose the spells for the domain, though they are marked red because it says that I can't choose any. But I can live with that, I choose a bunch of spells of the other levels so that I can see them on my list.

Thanks for the assist Kendall.
cshadow133 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 2nd, 2019, 04:12 PM
Hmmm, they shouldn't be red. I'm sure I missed something, let me check real quick.
Kendall-DM is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 2nd, 2019, 04:21 PM
Ok, figured it out. There are sort of coding instructions on the user file, so you can see how each element works.

In the editor, go to the script for the DruidWD variant class and comment in all the code.

You can comment each element of code to see how each works, or just code it all in.

In any case, once it is coded back in, everything will be fine, you won't get any red stuff and it will work just like a cleric does.
Kendall-DM is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
cshadow133

Old April 3rd, 2019, 09:44 AM
Quote:
In any case, once it is coded back in, everything will be fine, you won't get any red stuff and it will work just like a cleric does.
So it should look like this in the Eval Scripts of the Variant Class?
Code:
~hero.childfound[cHelpDrd].field[cSecSpName].text = "domain spells"
~hero.childfound[cHelpDrd].field[cSpecSing].text = "Domain"
~hero.childfound[cHelpDrd].field[cSecSplReq].value = 1
~hero.childfound[cvANCVDwD].field[cvCustTot].arrayvalue[0] = 1
cshadow133 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 3rd, 2019, 07:40 PM
The ~ before each line makes the line into a comment, and not code. Remove those ~ marks at the beginning of those lines you displayed here, and it will be commented back in. Sorry, I had though you knew the ~ starting a line meant it was a comment and didn't do anything. My bad.
Kendall-DM is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
cshadow133

Old April 8th, 2019, 01:20 PM
Quote:
The ~ before each line makes the line into a comment, and not code. Remove those ~ marks at the beginning of those lines you displayed here, and it will be commented back in. Sorry, I had though you knew the ~ starting a line meant it was a comment and didn't do anything. My bad.
Thanks Kendall.

I did, just wanted to make sure. I removed out the comment lines first and wanted to make sure that this was correct. I admit that I forgot to remove the ~ from the code when I first loaded it up.

Thanks again.
cshadow133 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote