Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 13th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Good news today Check it out on http://wolflair.com/ or http://catalystgamelabs.com/ !
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 13th, 2010, 12:58 PM
"Data packages for more than a dozen different role-playing games from a wide range of publishers are already available."

Isn't this untrue? I thought Shadowrun would be 10th...
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 13th, 2010, 01:12 PM
If you count "packages", you are correct, but if you count RPGs, the number is larger. Each of the different Cortex-based games are sold as distinct RPGs. They are bundled into a single Hero Lab package for purchase, but they are completely separate RPGs. That one package includes three RPGs: Serenity, Battlestar Gallactica, and Demon Hunters. Similarly, the World of Darkness package includes three distinct RPGs: core WoD, Vampire: the Requiem, and Changeling: the Lost. Hence the statement about a dozen *RPGs* is accurate. :-)
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 14th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Ah. I see what you mean.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bryangustaf

Old May 14th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Sounds great... ... But i don't know many people who play shadowrun.
Bryangustaf is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 14th, 2010, 10:12 AM
As a Shadowrun GM myself, I know that I and all my players are looking forward to throwing out our Excel spreadsheets and using a tool like Hero Lab to manage our characters.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old May 14th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Since they got that, what's the chance they will also get to do MechWarrior as well?
Matt Droz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 14th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Battletech RPG is definitely a possibility, but we'd want to spend some time on Shadowrun first, to get a good level of support for that game system before we started on another.
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Bull

Old May 16th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I'm really looking forward to this, and have been since I saw the Shadowrun banner on the Lone WOlf booth at Gen Con a couple years back.

As for Battletech/Mechwarrior, IIRC there's a new Battletech RPG in the works at the moment. It was released cheap on PDF as a "Beta/Playtest" experiment a while back, but I don't think it's in final release yet... But it might be a fun option

Bull
Bull is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old May 16th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
I'm really looking forward to this, and have been since I saw the Shadowrun banner on the Lone WOlf booth at Gen Con a couple years back.

As for Battletech/Mechwarrior, IIRC there's a new Battletech RPG in the works at the moment. It was released cheap on PDF as a "Beta/Playtest" experiment a while back, but I don't think it's in final release yet... But it might be a fun option

Bull
Well, there's no "Official" release date from Catalyst Game Labs, Amazon does show a date of August 3 for release. My money is that they will try to have a pre-release at GenCon (I picked up a couple Shadowrun books that weren't available in hardcover until later last year).
Matt Droz is offline   #10 Reply With Quote