Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Ambush

Old August 14th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Sorry if I am dupe posting, but I can't seem to manage to search this thread and get results that contain the word that I'm looking for. Mainly, I was looking for the ability to customize the font in certain sections. As strange as it may sound, I like to have the stuff that I would fill in on a normal character sheet as a different font. I feel that it helps to break up the somewhat monotonous nature of a printed character sheet (and yes, I typically pick a handwriting'ish font for it). Is there anyway for me to achieve this? Either with maybe a picker of some kind on the output (or even changing code in the xsl)? I haven't had a chance to dig through the resulting HTML to see if the class differences exist for the handwritten parts.

Awesome sheet, BTW. I think you may finally be swaying me from my addiction to the old Art Turban e-Tools / RPGX sheet.
Ambush is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
Mainly, I was looking for the ability to customize the font in certain sections. As strange as it may sound, I like to have the stuff that I would fill in on a normal character sheet as a different font. I feel that it helps to break up the somewhat monotonous nature of a printed character sheet (and yes, I typically pick a handwriting'ish font for it). Is there anyway for me to achieve this? Either with maybe a picker of some kind on the output (or even changing code in the xsl)? I haven't had a chance to dig through the resulting HTML to see if the class differences exist for the handwritten parts.
Thanks for the comments and suggestion, Ambush.

The short answer is "no"... the feature you're looking for doesn't exist right now (though I'm happy to add it to the Wish List). Of course, you could theoretically change anything if you're willing to edit the code for the sheet, but the HTML elements don't currently have classes to distinguish "populated" values from other values.
AncientOne is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 14th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Version 4.5 of my custom sheet has been released through the auto-update mechanism. See the opening post of this thread for information about what is included.

Note the new "Sheet Style" option in the Control Panel. It allows you to create Statblock-formatted characters. In the future, it will have additional options (like "Pathfinder/PFS Standard" style).
AncientOne is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 15th, 2012, 01:47 AM
I'll second the request for allowing the user to choose the font for filled spaces - not a necessary feature but one that would add considerable cosmetic value to the sheet, IMO.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old August 15th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Thanks for the comments and suggestion, Ambush.

The short answer is "no"... the feature you're looking for doesn't exist right now (though I'm happy to add it to the Wish List). Of course, you could theoretically change anything if you're willing to edit the code for the sheet, but the HTML elements don't currently have classes to distinguish "populated" values from other values.
Oof. That's a lot of hand-coding to be blown away on the next release. I think I can survive waiting until it makes it onto the active list (if ever). I mean, I'm good and all, I could handle the xsl part of that; but there's a LOT of fields to update. I've been meaning to dig into what you are doing on the sheet, but between work, relationships, and campaign, I haven't had the time. Guess the girlfriend has to go.
Ambush is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 15th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
I've been meaning to dig into what you are doing on the sheet, but between work, relationships, and campaign, I haven't had the time. Guess the girlfriend has to go.
Glad to see that you have your priorities in order!
AncientOne is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
ub3r_n3rd

Old August 15th, 2012, 07:52 AM
First off, this is an awesome sheet AncientOne! It's so awesome that other members of the group are asking me to print their characters off using it rather than the plain ole auto-fill sheets they've been using.

I do have a question or small error to report that I didn't see covered here in the 9 pages of threads, but I could have easily missed it due to how many posts there are!

On every sheet that I print out (using the Google Chrome browser) the items that are supposed to be in containers like masterwork backpacks and handy haversacks are listed as "in no container" I've double and triple-checked in the portfolio on Hero Lab and the gear is IN those containers, yet it doesn't translate over to your sheet. Not sure if this is just my problem or if it's something that others have experienced.

Thanks!
ub3r_n3rd is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
chaos_co

Old August 15th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Hmmm, I think I got a "grey screen of death" so to speak.
chaos_co is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 16th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_co View Post
Hmmm, I think I got a "grey screen of death" so to speak.
Hi chaos_co... can you give me any additional information? For example, does it happen only with a certain browser or certain character? Does the screen say anything at all?

Depending on the situation, I may need to see the generated .htm file or .xml file.
AncientOne is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
Imper1um

Old August 16th, 2012, 09:55 AM
The attached portfolio produces the "Grey Screen of Death."
Attached Files
File Type: email PCs.por (735.3 KB, 1 views)
Imper1um is offline   #90 Reply With Quote