Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dsprague

Old August 29th, 2011, 07:20 PM
I tried to use the editor to create a magic item one of my characters got in a campaign.

It is a Bandolier of Enchantment.
It can hold 40 daggers but weighs a maximum of 10 pounds (similar to a bag of holding)
It grants each dagger a +1 enchantment bonus for 2 rounds (my character throws a lot of daggers)
It takes up the chest slot.

I started with a bag of holding and added some characteristics of a vest thinking that would allow me to have a checkbox to check that it was being worn. But that didn't work so I'm guessing I could probably add another chest item and not get a warning.

I handled the +1 enchantment bonus by just adding Adjustment bonuses for the daggers I had stored in it because I didn't see another way to handle that.

Anyone with more experience have any ideas to overcome the lack of a wearing the item check box? I'm not expecting a solution to the +1 enchantment bonus, but if anyone has one, that would be great.

Thanks
dsprague is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old August 29th, 2011, 07:51 PM
In the item description (I'm assuming you're using the Wondrous tab in the Editor), there is a selection list for "equipment slot" in which you can choose "chest".

There is also a check box for "Can be equipped?", which you should check.

With that set, you can add the item to a character and it will automatically have the equipped check box next to it. Once your PC has it equipped, it will fill the chest item slot.

For the enhancement bonus, you might consider using the Activation option. If you check the "Show in Activated Abilities List?" option and then put the following in an eval script:
Code:
      if (field[abilActive].value <> 0) then
        #enhancementbonus[hero.childfound[wDagger], 1]
        endif
I'd set the Phase to "Pre-levels (user)" and the Priority to 5000. (Others may have better advice on that, but it should work.)

With those settings, you will see a check box on the PC's In-play tab, that will allow you to turn the +1 bonus on and off. When it is on, it will apply to every dagger attack you make. It will be up to you to remember to turn it off after 2 rounds. You will also need to remember to turn it off when you are using a dagger that wasn't stored in the bandolier.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 31st, 2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris.Crenshaw View Post
Code:
      if (field[abilActive].value <> 0) then
        #enhancementbonus[hero.childfound[wDagger], 1]
        endif
I'd set the Phase to "Pre-levels (user)" and the Priority to 5000. (Others may have better advice on that, but it should work.)

With those settings, you will see a check box on the PC's In-play tab, that will allow you to turn the +1 bonus on and off. When it is on, it will apply to every dagger attack you make.
The script you have written there will not actually apply to every dagger. Childfound[] just finds the first "instance" of a Thing in memory. To apply to every dagger you need to do a foreach loop.

Code:
foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "IsWeapon.wDagger"
     #enhancementbonus[eachpick, 1]
nexteach
The above reads every instance of a Dagger on the hero and applies a +1 Enhancement bonus on to hit and damage.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old August 31st, 2011, 11:53 AM
Thanks for correcting my mistake, Shadow. "I learnt me sumthin'!"
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 31st, 2011, 01:40 PM
No problem. We are all learning here. Heck Mathias just corrected me in another thread about skills. So we all make mistakes and learn from what others know.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
dsprague

Old September 1st, 2011, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the help. I will give those things a try and let you know how it worked out.
dsprague is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
dsprague

Old September 1st, 2011, 07:14 AM
That worked perfectly. Now I need to search the forums again to figure out how to setup point-blank shot as an in play feat and I'm good to go.

Thanks for the help.
dsprague is offline   #7 Reply With Quote