Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old July 12th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Hello there!

Unfortunately my last post got lost (so much text was written)

So now I'll keep it shorter:
- German regional settings cause the tool not to recognize the delimiter between the fields. US setting is "," german setting is ";".
It is on my to-do list to choose an alternative separator.

I thought it was universal, since CSV means "comma separated values", not "semi-colon separated values" :-)

Further reading shows that it is MICROSOFT who are breaking the CSV standard (using some silly "list separator" regional setting).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; July 12th, 2018 at 03:30 PM.
Farling is offline   #291 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 12th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Version 1.31 is out

The default separator for CSV files is now going to use your language's "list separator".

For English speaking countries this is most likely still the "," character.

For some European, and possibly other, languages, Microsoft (in its "infinite wisdom" [i.e. usual practise of breaking published standards]) uses ";" as the list separator instead.

Microsoft apparently didn't realise they could break the standard further by adding a non-standard escape character, so there's no support for that in the tool

The list separator can be changed manually through the Windows Settings panel (if you dig deep enough).

Primarily this just means less quote marks around field values.

P.S. I hope I didn't break anybody's existing CSV files with this change/improvement. Please let me know if I did.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Last edited by Farling; July 12th, 2018 at 04:04 PM.
Farling is offline   #292 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 13th, 2018, 08:03 AM
Version 1.32 is out

This is just a minor update to allow the CSV field separator to be specified from the main menu.

You can choose from comma, semi-colon, or whatever Windows has configured as the list separator.

Farling

Farling is offline   #293 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old July 13th, 2018, 03:25 PM
Great!

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #294 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 14th, 2018, 06:11 AM
Version 1.33 has just been released

1. It is now possible to mark a section as starting in the "collapsed" state.

2. You can specify a particular CSV column to be used as the name of a section within a topic.
2.1 Select "..." and set a column for the "First Section" box (leave the other two section boxes blank).

3. You can specify a range of CSV columns to be used to create multiple sections within a section.
3.1. Select "..." and set a column for the First, Second, and optionally the Third section box.
3.1.1. The First section defines the CSV column containing the title of the first section.
3.1.2. The Second section defines the CSV column containing the title of the second section.
3.1.3. The Final section (defaults to last column) defines the CSV column containing the title of the last section.
3.2. The snippets within the section should be set to use CSV columns between First and Second column.
3.3 For the second and subsequent sections, the same "offset" will be used for reading the text from the correct column of the CSV table.

Note that the first time that the CSV cell for the "section header" is empty, then the creation of those sections stops immediately (it doesn't continue up to the "final section" column).

Multiple Column Example

CSV columns: room1, description1, occupants1, room2, description2, occupants2, room3, description3, occupants3, room4, desc4, occ4, room5, desc5, occ5

Configure the relevant section in the tool as:
First Section = room1
Second section = room2
Last section = room5 (or leave empty)

In the snippets inside the section, use description1 and occupants1 (the tool works out the offset from column 'room1' to column 'description1' and applies that offset when populating for 'room2', 'room3' ,etc.)

When the RWexport file is generated, the first section will use description1 and occupants1, the second section will use description2 and occupants2, and so on, up to the last section that will use desc5 and occ5

Farling

Last edited by Farling; July 15th, 2018 at 05:58 AM.
Farling is offline   #295 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 14th, 2018, 01:43 PM
Round of applause.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #296 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 14th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Round of applause.
The changes I'd made in v1.29 to support using the same category for multiple levels of parent made this improvement almost trivial

Farling

Farling is offline   #297 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old July 14th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Version 1.33 has just been released
I have a question with this version (not downloaded yet but it sounds very useful). You write sections, but is this also possible with snippets within a section?

For example....

Section 1
-> Snippet 1 (flavour 1)
-> Snippet 2 (flavour 2)
-> Snippet 3 (flavour 1)

CSV file holds then for each snippet a column i guess.
But I didnt see a way to select multiple csv columns for the same snippet / define multiple flavours for it depending on the column. So I guess this is unsupported?

Thanks!

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
Acenoid is offline   #298 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 14th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
I have a question with this version (not downloaded yet but it sounds very useful). You write sections, but is this also possible with snippets within a section?

For example....

Section 1
-> Snippet 1 (flavour 1)
-> Snippet 2 (flavour 2)
-> Snippet 3 (flavour 1)

CSV file holds then for each snippet a column i guess.
But I didnt see a way to select multiple csv columns for the same snippet / define multiple flavours for it depending on the column. So I guess this is unsupported?

Thanks!
Hi there,

No, this only works for sections.

You can put multiple paragraphs of text into a single CSV cell, so there's no real reason to split them up into separate snippets.

Farling

Farling is offline   #299 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old July 14th, 2018, 04:16 PM
I want to have parts in different flavours but I just realized - I could just edit the categories and add the maximum number of snippets possible to achieve the same result, since I can switch of the auto-add. I think. Need to check it asap

Acenoid is offline   #300 Reply With Quote