Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kbs666

Old March 27th, 2018, 06:16 AM
The game neutral and other game system realms do not contain any of those fantasy game conventions. They would take some effort to customize if you want them to match up to a specific system.

One thing that is being held up by the release of the CM is the community being able to easily share structure only realms for various systems.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old March 28th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Surprised spell check (custom dictionaries) got mentioned that has been big thing I don't like about Realm Works.

Tags was something I didn't use till much latter on. The pre-defined set isn't that helpful. I set up my own tags for my Stars Without Numbers (1st ed/2md ed) Realm so I have all the planetary tags from taht setting set up as Realm Works Tags. So I can quickly search for systems/planets that fit certain criteria. I also don't have to type up certain info and can just select appropriate tags.

One thing that will help with tags is and using them is seeing more pre-made templates for other game systems.

The blank slate templates is sort of a mixed thing. Most of the time I don't use all the stuff , but I have had some cases where more of the template was used with a few entries for a Realm. Not really a problem just modify the template.

D&D/Pathfinder stuff I don't like with regards to defaults tags, etc. I don't play either and had to spend a good bit of time tweaking Realm Works to remove them from Realms.

One thing I wish that existed was more non-D&D/Pathfinder realms to look at as samples as how to set things up.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Valarian

Old March 28th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
The game neutral and other game system realms do not contain any of those fantasy game conventions. They would take some effort to customize if you want them to match up to a specific system.
Thanks. That's a new option. It sounds like it might be time to try RealmWorks again.
Valarian is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 28th, 2018, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_NOLA View Post
Surprised spell check (custom dictionaries) got mentioned that has been big thing I don't like about Realm Works.
Tinyspell and several other apps exist which can add spell checking to RW and pretty much any other program you want. Once you set it up its pretty easy to use.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote