Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

bpolitte

Old July 30th, 2011, 08:51 PM
I started the ddidownloader this morning at about 11am, now more than 12 hours later it's started throwing up errors trying to download the backgrounds. This lasted about 15 minutes before it started successfully getting pages again. I assume that maybe wotc was down during that time.

I hate to think that after twelve hours of downloading I have to start the whole thing over again in order to get all the data. Is there a way to have it download only the missed data?

I saw it pulled down index files for each category. Perhaps they can be used to figure out what pages were missed and just pull those? I'm not really inclined to tie up my computer for another day downloading data (in case anyone asks, my internet connection is plenty fast and having no issues at all).
bpolitte is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
bpolitte

Old July 30th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Ah! It got through with the first pass and is now trying to download the failed pages again, so... ignore me.
bpolitte is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 31st, 2011, 07:11 PM
Yup - we always retry failed pages after the download completes, in case your internet connection or the servers hiccup. If the retry fails, you have the option of waiting and trying again, or ignoring the errors and continuing anyway.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote