Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

thewolfye

Old February 6th, 2018, 10:35 AM
Just donwloaded the new community pack. It all works great but i noticed an error with the Tiefling feats. For some reason you get a validation error that Tiefling is required even when you have that selected for your race. Tried different things to fix it but it wasn't removing the validation error.
thewolfye is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 6th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Please log any bugs via the github site in my signature. This will ensure one of the team picks it up and fixes it.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
LiamChgo

Old February 13th, 2018, 07:57 PM
I got the update recently that included Xanathar's Guide. Tonight, I just encountered a problem with a couple of the feats from in.
One of the players in my group is a tiefling rogue. In tonight's game, he finally gained enough XP to reach level 8. There are 2 racial feats from Xanathar's Guide for tieflings, yet neither one was available for his tiefling. Instead, the feats are greyed out and show a red warning of "Tiefling Required". Yet his race is already marked as tiefling! I tried changing his race, the changing it back to tiefling with no change to the feats.
LiamChgo is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
thewolfye

Old February 17th, 2018, 05:18 PM
What is the githhub site in your signature? I sent something to General Hero Lab Support And Community Resources. Was that the correct place to report it?
thewolfye is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 17th, 2018, 05:42 PM
The log a fault button takes you there.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old February 27th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolfye View Post
Just donwloaded the new community pack. It all works great but i noticed an error with the Tiefling feats. For some reason you get a validation error that Tiefling is required even when you have that selected for your race. Tried different things to fix it but it wasn't removing the validation error.
If you want to fix the feats your self, then open the COM_5ePack_XGTE - Feats.user in the editor, under the feats tab open the Pick reqs button on the right side. Change rTiefling to r5CTieflin. Do this for the other feat that is affected. If you are using the Unearthed Arcana feats as well the same thing needs to be done. File name is COM_5ePack_UA - Feats for Races.user .

I just tested this on my own copy. Looks like they just chose the wrong tiefling race entry by accident.

J

Last edited by jjashley; February 27th, 2018 at 01:10 PM.
jjashley is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
bmanjnk99

Old March 4th, 2018, 01:15 AM
The Celestial warlock patron is adding extra hit points equal to the character's Charisma bonus to every character at 1st level and an additional 1hp every level of warlock thereafter. I have noticed that the same thing occurs in both sources of The Celestial patron (Xanathar and the Unearthed Arcana version released previously). As far as I know, neither version mentioned bonus hit points in the texts. Am I missing something in the texts or is this an error in the databases?

-bmanjnk99
bmanjnk99 is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old March 10th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanjnk99 View Post
The Celestial warlock patron is adding extra hit points equal to the character's Charisma bonus to every character at 1st level and an additional 1hp every level of warlock thereafter. I have noticed that the same thing occurs in both sources of The Celestial patron (Xanathar and the Unearthed Arcana version released previously). As far as I know, neither version mentioned bonus hit points in the texts. Am I missing something in the texts or is this an error in the databases?

-bmanjnk99
This appears to be due to the Celestial Resilience class feature. I think the eval script needs another look. This just needs some tweaking as the you get temporary hit points at 10th level after a short or long rest, probably should be an adjustment so it can be reflected on the other 5 creatures you can choose as well. For some reason even though the class feature isn't available the eval script is still running and applying the hit point bonus at level 1.

Starting at 10th level, you gain temporary hit points whenever you finish a short or long rest. These temporary hit points equal your warlock level + your Charisma modifier. Additionally, choose up to five creatures you can see at the end of the rest. Those creatures each gain temporary hit points equal to half your warlock level + your Charisma modifier.
jjashley is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old March 10th, 2018, 08:48 PM
After some more poking I'm not even sure this ability needs an eval script as their is a place to add a temporary hit point pool in Hero Lab already. Just means you have to do the math your self.
jjashley is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old March 11th, 2018, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjashley View Post
After some more poking I'm not even sure this ability needs an eval script as their is a place to add a temporary hit point pool in Hero Lab already. Just means you have to do the math your self.
ok so this can be fixed in a couple of ways, since you grant temp hit points to up to 5 others you can remove the eval script from Celestial Resilience and add an adjustment for Celestial Resilience that looks like this:

Post-Attributes 15000

~ If we're not enabled, get out now
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)

herofield[tTempHP].value += #attrmod[aCHA] + #levelcount[Warlock]

or if you don't care about anybody else being able to do the math automatically you can change the eval script on Celestial Resilience to:

Post-Attributes 15000

herofield[tTempHP].value += #attrmod[aCHA] + #levelcount[Warlock]

Though the 2nd one should probably include a level requirement of 10 or greater and I should know how to put that in but haven't figured it out yet.
jjashley is offline   #30 Reply With Quote