Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Blackwing

Old November 16th, 2018, 06:54 AM
As I was getting ready for my friday-evening DM preparation, which involves syncing my Realmworks to the Laptop that I take with me (playing at a friend's house) it seemed Realmworks was starting up extraordinarily slow.

At first I thought it might be the laptop, but also my desktop PC, which earlier this week ran Realmworks normally was incredibly slow on startup. I takes multiple minutes just to even get to the login screen and after that it says that login isn't available on most occasions and once I managed to get to login, but the syncing of account details took (no kidding) about half an hour during which it managed to fill the progress bar ofr about 2 thirds and then gave up with an account error.

Being a developer myself I tried several different things to try and detect the problem. So here's what I tried:
- Used my phone as mobile wifi hotspot and connected my PC and laptop (not at the same time) to that wifi hotspot to eliminate my home wifi, my router and internet provider as source of the problem. There was no noticeable difference between my home network or the mobile hotspot.
- Checked for windows updates explicitly until both Laptop and PC said they were fully up to date. No change in behaviour after this.
- Started realmworks without internet connection. Realmworks starts up quickly, but predictable only offline mode is available. working in offline mode is fine speed wise.

Anyone else having problems like this? Things worked fine earlier this week.
Blackwing is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old November 16th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Our apologies, Blackwing.

We experienced some aberrant Syncing and Server issue earlier today.

It's working now. If you have any trouble logging in, please restart your PC and try logging in again.

Thanks!
Rone is offline   #2 Reply With Quote