Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Rev Haus 235

Send a message via AIM to Rev Haus 235 Send a message via Yahoo to Rev Haus 235

Old June 17th, 2012, 02:37 AM
I'm trying to add a special racial weapon, in its descriptor, it says that they all are made as "Masterwork" quality. If one does not meet these quality standards, it is destroyed, and reforged.

I realize that there is an easy way to do this, and that would just be to choose the weapon, and make it a masterwork weapon through the "New Magic, Custom, Masterwork weapon" section, but I'm trying to make it so that if you choose that weapon, it automatically comes up as a Masterwork weapon.

So I'm asking if there is a way to make a weapon always show up as a masterwork weapon?

Additionally, This kind of weapon is considered a martial weapon usable by most races, but one must have Exotic Weapon proficiency in it to gain the bonuses from the Weapon Finesse feat. Is there something special that I need to do to make this work properly in Hero Labs?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Rev Haus 235 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 17th, 2012, 10:29 AM
First issue, the short answer is no. Masterwork weapons are a custom item, and while it might be possible to add it, and I tried myself at one point, it's more work than just using the custom weapon selection and choosing a masterwork weapon right there. I haven't been able to do this, so as far as I know, the answer is no. Maybe Aaron will chime in and correct me again, and teach me another trick.

The second issue is pretty easy. All weapons defer in their selection to the lesser of a proficiency, so when you create your weapon, create it as a Martial Weapon. Hit the Tags button in the upper right and add the wProfReq.Exotic tag. Then add this code to the weapon.

@First/5000
Code:
~ Add weapon finesse if we have exotic weapon proficiency for this.
if (tagis[Helper.ExoticProf] <> 0) then
  perform assign[Helper.Finesse]
endif
I'm pretty sure this will work. It can be selected as a martial weapon and later as an exotic weapon to activate the finesse ability.
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Rev Haus 235

Old June 17th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Fair enough. I sure do appreciate all the help.
I've gotten a lot of help on these forums, and it is honestly the only thing that makes me want to even bother trying to keep using this stuff.
The custom stuff isn't terribly user friendly, but the forum here is populated with plenty of helpful folks. I'm glad that the "Search" function works as well as it does, it has saved me from having to ask some of the same questions that others have already asked before me.
Thanks again for your help, and dedication to making this work for people like me.
Rev Haus 235 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Rev Haus 235

Old June 17th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Something is wrong with the tag, or where I am putting it.
In the "Tag ID" section of the new tag I put in "wProfReq.Exotic". Is that correct?
If so, what do I put in the "Group ID" spot?

I'm getting some error about 17 Unique ID Wrong.... if I take out the tag, it works fine, but not with finesse.

Also, you might consider making it so that one can highlight, and then cut and paste the errors they get when compiling a custom thing in the Hero Labs tool set. It seems to me that it might help you guys solve issues, without the used having to type in huge error messages.
Rev Haus 235 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 17th, 2012, 12:12 PM
A tag is constructed thusly.

GroupID.TagID

So, in the tag section you would put wProfReq in the GroupID and Exotic in the TagID. Sorry I wasn't clear about that. In the future, when someone refers to a tag in this way, that is how it breaks down. Hope that helps!
Kendall-DM is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Rev Haus 235

Old June 17th, 2012, 07:19 PM
I got it, I didn't understand your shorthand.
I understand it now.

Also, from the test that I performed after using your tag suggestion, it appears to work.
Thanks again.
Rev Haus 235 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 18th, 2012, 09:18 AM
For error messages, I believe you can't highlight them, but if you right click and say "Copy to Clipboard" you can then paste them elsewhere.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Rev Haus 235

Old June 18th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Thanks for that. ;-) I'll check the next time one pops up at me.
Rev Haus 235 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote