Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Cortex System

Notices

SAbel

Old December 31st, 2011, 10:19 PM
I just noticed with the HL 3.9 and at the home site that Cortex is no longer listed as a system. I am guessing that a deal was not worked out with MWP to continue the system or it is still being worked out?

What will happen for people that have the Cortex Data files either way and will there be any data set for the new marvel product?

Thank you for the update,

Sean
SAbel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 3rd, 2012, 05:19 AM
I'm not an employee, but last I'd heard, those who already have it will continue to have the updates. I haven't seen any further word on negotiations regarding Cortex licensing, so you're probably right that it stalled out. Rob or Colen, do you have any additional input?

Lastly, as regards the Marvel system, there was a discussion, either here or on the Think Tank about it and someone stated that the "Cortex+" system being used is much more freeform, such that it would require creation of a new game system rather than being able to shoehorn it into the existing Cortex framework.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ozchandler

Old February 21st, 2012, 05:06 AM
how about something "official" lone wolf?
ozchandler is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 2nd, 2012, 12:29 PM
Sorry for the delayed reply. Unfortunately, due to a number of issues including licensing complexity, we don't have any near-term plans to support Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, but that could change in the future.

We'll keep you posted about any new information in that regard.

Additionally, even though we’ve discontinued the sale of Cortex in Hero Lab, anyone who purchased the data file before we stopped selling it will continue to have access to it.
John is offline   #4 Reply With Quote