Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Acenoid

Old December 1st, 2018, 10:59 AM
medwards89 do you have a lifetime licence? I would buy that from you in case you choose to turn your back on LWD Though my advice would be not to explode over a bid of money, lesson learned here for you is to buy the software in a finished state. Kickstarter is always buying upon a promise. I don't consider RW as a failed project. I use it soley for my game mastering (attempts) and usually I like it. And I believe - as others - that the 64bit update was a much needed and necessary fix. It's not so much the features, but also the usability of the tool. If they launch the content market and the software is slow and crashes, then they risk the whole online market reputation.

So from that point of view - thank god that they have not released CM yet.

Personally Iam all for the next 2-3 releases to be bugfix and quality of life changes only. But I am sure LWD will push on new features (or promised kickstarter features) soon again.

To everyone here good health and stressless future.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #701 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old December 1st, 2018, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medwards89 View Post
When I first got this software I lived on a fixed income. There is not much money around for gaming. I doled out precious cash on this software cause was promised the content market so I could in the future buy my campaign and modules. Yeah that really has not happened and am ready for a refund. Hell I might sell my license to someone if I can find a brain damaged person to pay me a quick tenner for it. I am at the point that I will never use it. I log in every now and then hoping the content market will show... but of course my money went to pay for ?? wow i am not sure. Now instead of the Content Market we get a fricking 64 bit BETA. How about we get the crap promised first before you improve on it? Not getting any sypathy from me as for health issues. I never got any from my 2 Heart attacks and 1 Stroke. still had to finish my job. And having only 1 person knowing the insides out of the software means nothing more than you FAILED to document a damn thing so maybe someone else can work on it. Job security I guess...

And now that my dream of opening my own game store is finally coming to light, my hope to sell Lone Wolf software is dashed, how can I stand behind a company that cannot deliver. Loved Hero Lab Classic. Hate Hero Lab Online, (to unreliable, internet connectivity required the WHOLE time... nope not there. and after spending the stupid amount on Classic to see it not transfer.... yeah) Realm Works, well can't say it is still not ready. Can anyone say Vaporware?

I hope for the best, may you finally get the content market up and going. At this point I think I am out.....

Anyone wanna buy a slightly used copy of Realm Works?

P.S.
<please don't delete my Classic Account>
Hey, Custer, I'm the only person round here allowed to blow my stack over things that are beyond control, as the official Grumpy Old Fart!

I was going to come on here and let you have it with both barrels for coming down on people for health issues, because, well, because! But I see you ate a little crow, and I know that bad taste well enough.

But seriously, if you want to sell your account, I'll buy it, as long as it isn't a violation of any agreement with LWD! just PM me a price, and I'll PayPal it to you.

I know half a dozen people who would give their left nut or tit for this program, especially in it's current beta, so if you don't want it, feel free to opt out, here is your option.
ErinRigh is offline   #702 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old December 24th, 2018, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Hello everyone!

My sincere apologies for missing last month's check-in. The fault is mine. I kept meaning to stop in and say that there wasn't anything to really report at the very least, but the days just ran together as I tried to get as much done as possible. Now that I’m back from Gen Con and recovered from the mad dash to get prepped for it I wanted to let everyone know, I haven’t forgotten you. I’m still pushing to get the Content Market released and bug fixes in place.

Paizo has been kind enough to address the remaining issues with their API and we have several weeks worth of extra work to do to make it viable on our end. Devs will be testing everything to ensure it all goes smoothly and providing nothing explodes, we are targeting September for the Content Market release and hopefully some bug updates.

We did quite a few RW demos in our booth this year and we hope to be doing even more at PAX Unplugged!
So first off I don't want people to think I sound negative or anything. It's great that RW is 64-bit and a lot of bugs are being fixed.

BUT WHAT'S THE STATUS OF THE CONTENT MARKET???

It seems your pulled smoke and mirror tricks or trying to pull the wool over the sheep's eyes by giving weekly progress updates about everything you've accomplished. But you don't mention anything about CM.

We've had updates on your health, and bug fixes and enhancements, and the move to 64-bit, but no update on CM.

Where are you with CM?
We know it won't be this year and it seems another whole year of promise's have come and gone.

What are the excuses going to be for next year?
Paizo was too busy with Paizo Con 2019 and will get to our API afterwards.
Oh, wait, now we have GenCon 2019 and they are focus on this.
But don't worry everyone, we assure you that progress is being made, because they only have a few weeks of work to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Paizo has been kind enough to address the remaining issues with their API and we have several weeks worth of extra work to do to make it viable on our end. Devs will be testing everything to ensure it all goes smoothly and providing nothing explodes, we are targeting September for the Content Market release and hopefully some bug updates.
With that I've said my peace and wish everyone a safe and Happy Holiday and a New Year.
It will only be a Happy New Year if and when CM is released.
joepacelli is offline   #703 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 24th, 2018, 03:54 AM
Everything being released so far is for the Content Market. It's all steps in that direction. It may not look like it... but it is.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #704 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old December 24th, 2018, 02:06 PM
Please don’t deride them. One reason for foregoing the updates is they knew people like you would still bitch even with the updates. They have been clear that CM will await 64 but (done) and fixing critical bugs and necessary updates. It is not their obligation to tell us exactly what bugs and updates the consider necessary to release CM.
Bidmaron is offline   #705 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old December 25th, 2018, 06:04 AM
Getting an update this month was awesome! The updates Rob is posting coupled with the December patch has started to rebuild some of my lost trust. I am very excited to see how things progress from here. However, posts like the one above are still fair. He was a little too sarcastic in tone perhaps, but the criticism is valid. LWD told us the CM just needed Piazo's part to get done and they were good to go. That was obviously not true and they will have to suffer the breaking of trust it caused. That said, I think they have turned the ship in the right direction and most of the community is more than willing to be won back over, but it will take time and the continuation of regular communications and patches.
meek75 is offline   #706 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old December 25th, 2018, 06:08 PM
Obviously those QoL improvements are helpful for a successful launch of the CM. What use is the CM if the tool crashes frequently or is hard to use. Maybe they will get one or two buys from a DM, who will then leave elsewere.
Therefore I think that those improvemnts are much appreciated and those updates really showing you what they are doing atm. So really, this is more than enough imho...

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #707 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old December 31st, 2018, 03:32 AM
My computer had an accident (ok I had the accident on the computer) and it needed the motherboard replaced. Four weeks later last rites were given and my extended warranty used up to get a replacement (don't buy Dell or Ases).

I finally got RW loaded and some time to look at it and was excited to see a new button, "Get Content to Import." I quickly click on it and start downloading the content in my account that I lost in the spillNburn disaster.

Afterward, I start looking around to see what's available. I'm clicking and looking and can't seem to find the store list. With dread, I come back to the forum and confirm that the CM is not quite ready. *sigh*

At least I have my shiny new replacement computer.

Hey you! Yeah you, keep your drinks away from my computer.
ruhar is offline   #708 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old December 31st, 2018, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post

Hey you! Yeah you, keep your drinks away from my computer.
Been there. A friend's kid took out one of my laptops with some kind of fruit punch.

Congrats on the new computer (and me it never get punched by fruit).
Rone is offline   #709 Reply With Quote
chumblybjm

Old December 31st, 2018, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone View Post
Been there. A friend's kid took out one of my laptops with some kind of fruit punch.

Congrats on the new computer (and me it never get punched by fruit).
Umm feel the pain too. I once dropped a handful of metal screws on a powerd live motherboard of a 20000 $US computer..Umm it was interesting in a Glorious Fourth Sort of Way...

My boss decided to spend the money for a tech to rebuild the motherboard( with soldering iron in hand) even though it cost more in labor and parts than replacing it new... Some comment to me about "You wreck the damn car.. You drive the damn wreck"
chumblybjm is offline   #710 Reply With Quote