Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

WhyteOne

Old February 22nd, 2018, 11:59 AM
can someone please tell me where to find these supposed tutorials on adding custom content to Hero Lab. specifically, adding subclasses. thank you ahead of time for any help.
WhyteOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old February 23rd, 2018, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyteOne View Post
can someone please tell me where to find these supposed tutorials on adding custom content to Hero Lab. specifically, adding subclasses. thank you ahead of time for any help.
If you check the signature of ShadowChemosh he has all the links there, he has the last post in this thread:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60219

J
jjashley is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old February 23rd, 2018, 10:15 AM
Inside the editor choose "Help" and "Help on using the editor" and those are the tutorials that a lot of LW documentation is referring to. I don't believe there is a tutorial for subclasses, but every part of the help file is useful in some way to helping understand the basics of HL scripting.

The link referred to in ShadowChemosh's signature leads here.

There are code snippets and a somewhat helpful wiki on the community github here.

The best way to figure out some of the subclasses for me was to simply open existing subclasses in the COM*.user files. Although I recommend against any changes to the existing files you can open all of the community files up with the editor and even in a text editor to get a look at what is going on.

The community files are default loaded to C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e on a windows machine, but if you didn't do a default install, they might wind up anywhere.
dungeonguru is offline   #3 Reply With Quote