Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

fhscholl

Old April 1st, 2014, 04:23 PM
Been using this product for a few days now and I'll give a few suggestions for things that would make my life easier.

I absolutely love the feature to clear formatting and remove line breaks. I'm copying text from some rather old PDFs and until now I have loathed every moment I had to spend fixing the formatting. Line breaks every few words, excess spacing due to layout, strange fonts, inconsistent font sizing -- all gone with a few clicks. Fantastic! It needs to be expanded everywhere including dialog boxes like adding a plot point.

Hotkeys. There needs to be hotkeys for common snippet operations like the above as well as a the ability to change from Text to GM Note with a single key press.

Customizable formatting for text is great, but users need the ability to define persistent styles. The adventure I'm using is D&D based. I would love the option to have a quick style button to define text that is meant to be read aloud. There are many uses for formatting templates, so I would just define a few simple ones and give users the ability to add their own.

I'm sure I will come up with more when I use this to run my next session, but until then....
fhscholl is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 1st, 2014, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhscholl View Post
Hotkeys. There needs to be hotkeys for common snippet operations like the above as well as a the ability to change from Text to GM Note with a single key press.
This particular one already exists. To the right of the text snippet, click the Tools button or press <F9>. Then click on the GM Directions option and you'll see the submenu with assorted options. The most common two have keyboard shortcuts listed. You can use <Ctrl+G> and <Ctrl+D> to toggle a snippet's state to/from GM Directions only or add GM Directions to a snippet, respectively.

Your other suggestions should all be doable, so they will find themselves on our todo list for prioritization.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
fhscholl

Old April 1st, 2014, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
This particular one already exists. To the right of the text snippet, click the Tools button or press <F9>. Then click on the GM Directions option and you'll see the submenu with assorted options. The most common two have keyboard shortcuts listed. You can use <Ctrl+G> and <Ctrl+D> to toggle a snippet's state to/from GM Directions only or add GM Directions to a snippet, respectively.

Your other suggestions should all be doable, so they will find themselves on our todo list for prioritization.
Excellent. Thanks!
fhscholl is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ryntak4536

Old April 11th, 2014, 10:57 AM
I like the idea of being able to define persistent styles. Some way that I could highlight text in a snippet, and click on a predefined style in the format tab named "treasure", that automatically makes the highlighted text gold and bold (or whatever I've defined it as).
ryntak4536 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote