Closed Thread

Sendric

Old October 12th, 2015, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
This is fixed....
Thanks very much!

Here's another report, though:

Flurry of Blows does not count as Unarmed Strike for the purposes of things such as Weapon Focus. ie, if a character has Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike) the +1 bonus to attack is not given to Flurry of Blows. I've created a temporary fix for this in the community set by adding the tag [IsWeapon.wUnarmed] to Flurry of Blows.
Sendric is offline   #191
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old October 16th, 2015, 12:12 PM
You know, another thing I feel needs to be addressed is Intelligent Items. Is there anything that can be done to improve the process. For example, is it possible to add additional minor, major, special purpose, etc. to an intelligent item? Is it possible to assign different stats to an intelligent item (some examples of this in published works)? Have I already asked for this before, something is niggling away in the back of my gray matter?
Kendall-DM is offline   #192
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 16th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
You know, another thing I feel needs to be addressed is Intelligent Items. Is there anything that can be done to improve the process. For example, is it possible to add additional minor, major, special purpose, etc. to an intelligent item? Is it possible to assign different stats to an intelligent item (some examples of this in published works)? Have I already asked for this before, something is niggling away in the back of my gray matter?
You did HERE.

But this one has more details and will add it to issue. Its still a ways down the list at this point. If you get a chance provide that book that has these powers or special purposes. That will help when I get to this to have real examples.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; October 16th, 2015 at 12:41 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #193
ShadowChemosh

Old October 16th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Here's another report, though:

Flurry of Blows does not count as Unarmed Strike for the purposes of things such as Weapon Focus. ie, if a character has Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike) the +1 bonus to attack is not given to Flurry of Blows. I've created a temporary fix for this in the community set by adding the tag [IsWeapon.wUnarmed] to Flurry of Blows.
Thanks for the report I have added to the list to be looked at.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #194
Sendric

Old October 23rd, 2015, 04:39 AM
Per a report in the community bug thread, there seems to be an issue where variant classes that remove weapon/armor proficiencies do not allow those proficiencies to be re-added even when taking a level in a class that normally would. Example:

Cloistered Cleric class variant (Unearthed Arcana) removes Armor (Heavy & Medium) and Shield profs. If this character then takes a level in Fighter, those proficiencies do not get added back.
Sendric is offline   #195
ShadowChemosh

Old October 23rd, 2015, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Per a report in the community bug thread, there seems to be an issue where variant classes that remove weapon/armor proficiencies do not allow those proficiencies to be re-added even when taking a level in a class that normally would. Example:

Cloistered Cleric class variant (Unearthed Arcana) removes Armor (Heavy & Medium) and Shield profs. If this character then takes a level in Fighter, those proficiencies do not get added back.
Not surprising actually. This was the same original problem that Pathfinder Archetypes had and they where based on the d20 variant class component.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #196
paulh

Old October 30th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Not surprising actually. This was the same original problem that Pathfinder Archetypes had and they where based on the d20 variant class component.
Is it fixable in d20? I was surprised that even setting adjustments didn't allow me to override the Cloistered Cleric armor proficencies.
paulh is offline   #197
ShadowChemosh

Old October 30th, 2015, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
Is it fixable in d20? I was surprised that even setting adjustments didn't allow me to override the Cloistered Cleric armor proficencies.
Everything is fixable with enough time and money.

I have added it to the to do list to be looked at. I have no ETA as to when it will actually get fixed.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #198
paulh

Old October 30th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Everything is fixable with enough time and money.

I have added it to the to do list to be looked at. I have no ETA as to when it will actually get fixed.
HA, yes! I was trying to get a read as to whether it was likely something that could be fixed rather quickly/easily, or at the other extreme would require re-writing a ton of core code, and thus unlikely to happen.

But I guess you won't know until you have a chance to look at it.
paulh is offline   #199
ShadowChemosh

Old October 30th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
But I guess you won't know until you have a chance to look at it.
Unfortunately this is the truth. Some areas like this are pretty new to me so it would take some time to dig in to even figure out "how" it works. Then I can attempt to figure "how" to fix it.

On the other side with each release I do get better at understanding how it all connects under the covers.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #200
Closed Thread