Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

saintaurik

Old June 27th, 2014, 01:55 PM
OK I just got the new Lawfulg updates. HE and I seem to have the same idea for naming files. lol

anyhow I get this error each time I open any character I have saved before I updated with the new stuff from him. Anyhow I deleted all conflicting files he and I had and I still get this error.

the error reads as follows:

One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Hengar Aesnvaard'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'pFRCS'

Hengar Aesnvaard is a barbarian character I made.

Does anyone know what this is trying to tell me?
I apologize for not being savvy with this program and the intricacies involved.
I should have backed up my files first.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone might have.
saintaurik is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 27th, 2014, 04:28 PM
It's telling you you are missing a source. I think that particular source was incorrectly placed. You should be able to select the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide to Faerun in the configure hero window to fix this.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
saintaurik

Old June 27th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Thanks Sendric. I tried what you said. It seems to only affect character portfolios that I have saved before I added the new Lawfulg files. I made a new test character portfolio and the error does not happen.
saintaurik is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
saintaurik

Old June 28th, 2014, 02:04 AM
When I go to the Character option at the top of the tool bar, then select Configure Hero the list shows that the players guide to forgotten realms IS indeed selected. I did examine the list closer and it has something right under Open Content from Unearthed Arcana called pFRCS. Does anyone know what source pFRCS actually is?
saintaurik is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 28th, 2014, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintaurik View Post
When I go to the Character option at the top of the tool bar, then select Configure Hero the list shows that the players guide to forgotten realms IS indeed selected. I did examine the list closer and it has something right under Open Content from Unearthed Arcana called pFRCS. Does anyone know what source pFRCS actually is?
I believe it was meant to be a Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting source, but it was removed from the community set. So, if you are still seeing it you must have some of your own user files with things that use it.

The reason it only happens with older portfolios is that if you have a character that uses that source, and its suddenly gone it will complain. Re-saving he portfolio should resolve it. If not, you can also trying going to the menu and selecting Portfolio -> Strip Missing Sources if its available.

I recommend looking through your files for something that uses that source and then re-sourcing it to something in the Forgotten Realms section.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
saintaurik

Old June 28th, 2014, 03:25 AM
ok thanks for your help Sendric. I'll be busy I guess for a long time looking through all my saved character files. lol
saintaurik is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 28th, 2014, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintaurik View Post
ok thanks for your help Sendric. I'll be busy I guess for a long time looking through all my saved character files. lol
Sorry. I meant your .user files. If you download windows grep (assuming you are using windows), you can do a very quick search.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
WARMOCK

Old June 28th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Searching my user file I can't see it is called by any item I have edited. Stripping all the sources from the entries seems to make no difference either.
WARMOCK is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 28th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARMOCK View Post
Searching my user file I can't see it is called by any item I have edited. Stripping all the sources from the entries seems to make no difference either.
I'm not sure what the problem is. There must be something in your portfolios that is trying to use it. Maybe try adding all Forgotten Realms sources to see if that helps. If you still can't get it to work, please send me a portfolio that shows the error. (attach it here or email me at my google account: sendric).
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote