Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Screetch1979

Old April 15th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Hi,
there is a way to emulate the #appenddesc macro for pathfinder in SW?
I need to append extra description to some powers after an edge is chosen.

Thanks.
Screetch1979 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 15th, 2016, 08:17 PM
I don't play Pathfinder and haven't used HL for it so I'm not too sure what that macro does to ensure I understand what your asking (but maybe some others here know what you mean.) I can say that I've often seen a few things mentioned here that are implemented in Pathfinder that don't seem to have been implemented for SW so that could just be another one. Then again if it's a macro then you should be able to just use the code the macro runs. More work, of course, but obviously it should have the same effect.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Screetch1979

Old April 16th, 2016, 01:46 AM
Basically, i have an edge wich adds effects to a power, and i'm trying to to adds piece of text to the description of the powers.
i've found the descript fields on the power, but seems that i can't modify it from outside.
Screetch1979 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 16th, 2016, 05:14 AM
I don't think we have anything like that here, that I know of. At least not if using concatenate ("&=") to the descript field won't work.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old April 16th, 2016, 09:32 AM
What I have done when something adds to a power is to make a new version of the power. Note that the text in a description will not print out on a character sheet. You cannot change data in a power through an eval script, either. For example, I had wanted the Necromancer edge to alter some of the data in the Zombie power. This is not possible in Hero Lab. The answer was to make a new version of the power that required the Necromancer edge. Swapping powers is easy as it is independent of "character creation mode" and "advancement mode".

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote