Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 9th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Ok, I have a bizarre idea that might work. I haven't implemented it, so I'm not sure, but I was thinking the other day about how I could approach this another way. One of the options I considered was making a dummy class level, but I discarded this idea when I realized it would appear in the level list, so no love. Today I was thinking about templates and went to look at those fields, again no love.

And that's when it occured to me. I've never used the Monster Class tab, though that would be a much better implementation of creatures. Unfortunately, I considered it too work intensive for little reward. However, in the case of the Angels and other critters, it's really not! Each creature is given a 1 level class, which has the appropriate bonuses to BAB, saves, etc. as well as giving the creature 1 actual HD. You would then subtract from those bonuses (if needed), keeping the hit die, and add in the domains on that last hit die. Then, when you create said Angel or whatever, you create it with a hit die less than it has, then add the 1 level of monster class to finish it off.

Yeah, it's kind of extreme, and I know it's going to be problematic, but it is one possible solution. I don't know if I like it myself well enough to implement it, I'd almost rather wait for an internal fix to this, whenever that will be. Sometime soon I hope?
Kendall-DM is offline   #11 Reply With Quote