Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 20th, 2014, 10:47 AM
I'm having a hard time finding a way to do the following feat prerequisites:

1) Divine Caster Level. I can find Caster Level but I can't figure out how to limit it to divine caster level X.

2) Channel Negative or Positive Energy. I need to limit certain feats to one or the other.
blzbob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 20th, 2014, 11:01 AM
The easiest way I've found to do this sort of thing is to enter the prereq you're trying to create (or keywords from that prereq) into the text filter in the feats tab, and look for existing feats that have similar prereqs.

For example, using "channel positive" as the filter gives you feats like Bestow Hope, Life Lure, and Turn Undead.

"Channel Negative" gives options like Command Undead and Shatter Resolve.

For the divine caster level prereq, it's probably phrased "able to cast 1st level divine spells", right? So, use "level divine spells" or "divine spells" as your filter text - that'll give you options like Theurgy. Using that same filter on the classes list gives you the Mystic Theurge prestige class as an example of an existing thing that has a similar prereq.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old February 20th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Thanks. I looked at the Mystic Theurge but I couldn't figure out where the divine caster level prerequisite was. I'll look at the other options. The feats say "Divine Caster Level X."
blzbob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 20th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Prereqs on a class are on the Class Level tab. Copy that, not the Class itself, to see the prereqs.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 20th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Mystic theurge has pre-reqs for "Able to cast 2nd level divine spells", if you are actually meaning to check the caster level, then you may want to check out the "Ancient Draconic" feat from Kobolds of Golarion.

Mathias' advice on filtering for a similar pre-req is good, I used it to discover that feat, which has a pre-req for "Arcane Caster Level 5th". You can easily reverse engineer that to look for divine casting instead.

Last edited by Aaron; February 20th, 2014 at 01:31 PM.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old February 20th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the help. I've managed to get all the prerequisites working now. While the Mystic Theurge wasn't what I needed for this, I now know where to find the prerequisites for classes. That's going to be helpful in the future. Thank you both for your help. Now I have to work on the scripting for the feats.
blzbob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote