Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

JustinThomason

Old April 15th, 2020, 08:56 AM
I'm in a bit of a bind.

For the first time I am leveraging RW's capabilities to export from a master realm to a child realm as I'm building up a comprehensive world bible over time as we're playing. The thing is, when I first started the master realm, I thought we'd be playing in PF 1e, but since then my group has decided to switch to D&D 5e. I started my world realm as a Pathfinder realm, I've switched it to a system neutral realm, but it carried over a lot of cruft from the PF original.

At this point, pretty much all of my topics that have information in them are user defined (with the exception of a few super generic topic types - Further Information, Cast List, etc), and it is my intention to continue with that - adding topics as needed. I'm not going to be adding any outside content to this, so compatibility shouldn't be an issue.

However, I cannot get the "Delete Category" or "Delete Tag Domain" options to "ungrey" in the menus on the Manage tab. I've unprotected them, but there is no way to remove anything.

Ideally, I'd like to go through and cut away all the non-used topic and tag categories so I end up with as clean a realm as possible. Either that, or export only the topics and topic definitions that I'm using, and re-import those into a new, blank realm to start from scratch. My first session using this information is tonight, so at this point it would be fairly easy to make a new Child realm since I don't have much specific information yet, and what I do have would be fairly easy to port over by hand.

I really want to do this as soon as possible since I assume the further along I go, the more difficult this will become.

Any suggestions from folks who have used the import/export functions more than I would be most appreciated.
JustinThomason is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old April 15th, 2020, 09:09 AM
You can't delete the built in categories or tag domains. You can hide them.

For your specific situation your best bet is to start over if you haven't entered too much data. If you have then hide all the stuff you aren't using and you should never see it.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old April 15th, 2020, 01:40 PM
Bummer. I am way to far into the data entry to go back now. Guess I'll just work on hiding all the tags and categories and deal with the annoyance.
JustinThomason is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 15th, 2020, 01:46 PM
You could experiment with selective export and see how easy it is to import into a new 5E realm.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote