Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Adam.Ormond

Old July 21st, 2012, 09:17 AM
One of my players has a Druid with the Constrictor animal companion. It looks like Hero Lab allows it to learn "Fighting" as a trick, and who wouldn't take that when allowed? While Hero Lab does appropriately record three tricks for the individual tricks "Fighting Training" grants, Hero Lab is also granting three Armor Proficiency feats. I do not believe this is correct; I was under the impression ACs could not receive "General Purpose Training" because of the free feats they grant. Or is there something in RAW which allows druids to do this, enabling them to circumvent the need for taking armor proficiency feats for their ACs?

Last edited by Adam.Ormond; July 21st, 2012 at 09:24 AM.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dref

Old July 26th, 2012, 03:54 PM
As far as I know your player's Constrictor Snake would be required to have the Light/Medium/Heavy Armor Proficiency feats in order to wear the armor. So you are correct that it is giving his snake the feats for free incorrectly.
dref is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bstern

Old September 3rd, 2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam.Ormond View Post
While Hero Lab does appropriately record three tricks for the individual tricks "Fighting Training" grants, Hero Lab is also granting three Armor Proficiency feats. I do not believe this is correct; I was under the impression ACs could not receive "General Purpose Training" because of the free feats they grant.
Hero lab still seems to be doing this today. I can't find RAW which support this.
bstern is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
bstern

Old September 4th, 2012, 09:09 AM
The RAW for this is Creature Types - Animal:

Quote:
Proficient with no armor unless trained for war.
Apparently adding "Fighting" counts as training for war.
bstern is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Fergunater

Old September 12th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Where are the tricks locate for ranger companion
Fergunater is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Antares Decerto

Old March 1st, 2013, 04:09 AM
Can someone please provide an official (or at least reasonable) answer for this? I'm playing a PFS Ranger taking Boon Companion and I want to make my animal a bull rusher. If I can get the proficiency taken care of with a trick, then I can free up a feat. give him martial weapon proficiency with armor spikes, and take Spiked Destroyer in order to deal damage with spikes for a Bull Rush. However, I would need a text reason as to why this is legal...
Antares Decerto is offline   #6 Reply With Quote