Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaron View Post
But how do you bring in your customised stuff? I don't think I have a single HL portfolio that doesn't make use of "extras" (like APs, chronicles, etc) and/or customised items, weapons, powers, etc.

At the moment, all my characters are coming in with a great list of errors, and half their gear and powers and the like simply doesn't display. I can't find a "configure" option, but I'm assuming there's a way of fixing this.
You need to import the appropriate data files on the iPad as well - move the .hl files to the iPad in the same way as portfolios, and you can import them from the "Updates" screen. I'll be putting together some instructions on this in the next day or two to help people get started.
Colen is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
I tried downloading it, but i guess it requires 6.1. I havent upgraded my ipad since 5.1, and in general im hesitant to upgrade because of one app. Are you using 6.1 features?
I really recommend updating to 6.1. We're looking into what's needed to make things work on 5.1 (and the original iPad), but that's at least a few weeks away, possibly more if we run into unexpected issues.
Colen is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old April 8th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Excellent! Thanks, Colen. I'll look forward to your tutorials.
Aldaron is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old April 21st, 2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Exactly what I was envisioning as step one. Once the API is in place so that any 3rd party app/program could push/pull things/picks, and collections thereof, to and from HL, a LOT of options become available. Imagine an extension for already existing VTT softwares, for instance, that can simply call this data direct from HL in real time, instead of dealing with the export/change/re-import nightmares.
A set of web services, or even just an API, would be pretty awesome. And there are a lot of cross-platform frameworks for mobile development, some of which are even free -- both as in libre, and as in beer -- such as PhoneGap. I'm a little disappointed that the decision was to go with a native iOS app when there are ways to target multiple platforms. I'm especially saddened that the native iOS app is requiring iOS 6, which precludes first gen iPads. Two of the iPads owned by my group cannot install the software -- can this be addressed?

Last edited by Adam.Ormond; April 21st, 2013 at 10:08 AM.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamepulse View Post
Its in the store, An easy way to get your portfolios over to the ipad, set up dropbox and load all your ports into the dropbox folder, then go into dropbox on your ipad select the file (it will say unable to open) in the upper right screen you will see a button, hit that and select open in Herolab.
Thanks so much! So glad I can do this without connecting it to my computer, Except for initializing my iPad I never sync this device that way. All my HL files are saved to dropbox by default anyway (one dead laptop drive made me realize I need to ALWAYS have backups for portfolios), and my iPad already has dropbox set up, so this works out best for me.

Someone should put this in the FAQ, I'm pretty sure there'll be a lot of call for this feature.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyofdragons View Post
Thanks so much! So glad I can do this without connecting it to my computer, Except for initializing my iPad I never sync this device that way. All my HL files are saved to dropbox by default anyway (one dead laptop drive made me realize I need to ALWAYS have backups for portfolios), and my iPad already has dropbox set up, so this works out best for me.

Someone should put this in the FAQ, I'm pretty sure there'll be a lot of call for this feature.
Just realize this is good for getting the .por file on to the iPad but you can't get it back off without connecting it to iTunes. You can also email yourself or use any file sharing tool to get it onto the iPad. I even used my FTP server.

Getting it off though or deleting the .por requires iTunes connection.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
swhite58

Old April 28th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargap View Post
I would be happy with a cut down tactical console that would import ac, cmd, cmb, name, character class. Then be able adjust intiatives for each character and keep track of character order.

It would save me a whole lot of typing
http://combatmanager.com
swhite58 is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old May 1st, 2013, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite58 View Post
Wish that functionality was just part of HL with the engine. I did pay $5 for that app, but I'd have paid $10 or maybe $20 for one that was truly integrated with HL, instead of just a simple XML file reader. Maybe LoneWolf could contract with the guy working on Combat Manager?
Adam.Ormond is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
Thrantor

Old May 7th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Any new update on IOS 5.1 functionality? I'm stuck with an IPad 1st gen and don't have the cash to buy a new one.
Thrantor is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
Lorangriel

Old May 17th, 2013, 09:17 AM
I have looked through the forums and haven't found any threads specifically for this purpose, so I decided to start one. If there is, please point it out to me and I will be happy to paste my suggestions onto the end of it.

I have been using the Hero Labs character sheet for the iPad since it launched and have some suggestions to make as far as functionality is concerned. I have no programming experience, so I don't know if any of these suggestions are possible, but I know that a lot of them would be welcome additions.

So here goes:

1. Allow spells to roll damage, just like weapons can. This way the character's level, any feats, traits or other adjustments he/she has can be figured in automatically.
2. Allow the Magus Arcane Pool ability to actually modify the active weapon the character has equipped.
3. Create a new character that the player can switch to if the character casts a summon monster spell (this can be modified by celestial/fiendish templates as well as Augmented summoning etc)
4. Wizard and cleric special abilities that are usable a number of times per day like Acid Dart (Sp) or Fire Bolt (Sp) should be able to be rolled for attack and damage, just like any other weapon.
5. Critical threats and critical misses (i.e. rolling 1 and 19, 20 or whatever the critical range of the currently used weapon is) should be more apparent in the roll window.

Lets put any more suggestions in this thread and keep it as productive as possible.

Thanks,

Lorangriel
Lorangriel is offline   #100 Reply With Quote