Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 10th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Moved this to the Bug Reports thread.
Answered the question in the Bug Report Thread.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old June 10th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Thanks, Shadow!

Just in case someone is having problems with this and does a search, here's where I (and 'umag' as well, I think) were making our mistake:

Since new character levels are added from bottom to top, my logic said that added "Alternate Favored Class Bonuses" should also be read bottom to top, as should the spell levels added on the In Play tab. This is not the case!

As you add progressively higher spell levels, read them from top to bottom (opposite the way the level progression on the Classes tab reads). You should be fine, then.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Caraldur

Old March 14th, 2013, 06:38 PM
For some reason on the In Play tab I don't see any thing list regarding the alternate favored class bonuses. Do I need to own the Advance Race Guide in hero labs to get this to work correctly or am I doing something wrong?

I created a 3rd level sorcerer and I wanted to add a 1st lvl bonus spell as the alternate favored class option. When I select 1st level it turns red but when I select 0 level it turns green and there is nothing in the Activated abilities section of the In Play tab. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

-Car
Caraldur is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 14th, 2013, 08:37 PM
This was such a confusing thing, we eventually changed it to all take place on the Classes tab, it no longer involves the In-Play tab. Seems to have fixed most of the questions we used to get about it.

The favored class options only allow you to add a spell known that is 1 level below your maximum spell level, thus at 3rd Sorcerer level your highest spell level known is first. 1 less than that is 0th level. When you hit 4th level you'll be able to cast 2nd level spells, and you can start adding 1st level spells through the favored class option.
Aaron is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Caraldur

Old March 15th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Duh, I should have realized that before I submitted my question. Thanks for the quick response.
Caraldur is offline   #15 Reply With Quote