Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 9th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Fighters no longer give bonus feats. Also, clicking on the ? button to the right of any class special no longer pops up extra information.
Lawful_g is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 9th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Ouch. Those are embarrasing. I accidently created them while working on related things.

The fighter bonus feat issue is bad enough that we've decided to put out a fix tomorrow (Thursday) morning - we'll see if there's anything else gets reported today or tonight that needs to be fixed as well, then release the update.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 9th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Ouch. Those are embarrasing. I accidently created them while working on related things.

The fighter bonus feat issue is bad enough that we've decided to put out a fix tomorrow (Thursday) morning - we'll see if there's anything else gets reported today or tonight that needs to be fixed as well, then release the update.
I can understand if you wait on the horseshoes matter (elsewhere in this d20 forum) but you might want to fix the matter of mounts "wielding" weapons.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old June 9th, 2010, 03:36 PM
No problem. Thanks for your continued efforts and help here on the forums.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 9th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
I can understand if you wait on the horseshoes matter (elsewhere in this d20 forum) but you might want to fix the matter of mounts "wielding" weapons.
That's a very complex problem - defining what weapons can and can't be used by what characters. It will not be fixed soon, I'm afraid to say.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 9th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
That's a very complex problem - defining what weapons can and can't be used by what characters. It will not be fixed soon, I'm afraid to say.
Ah. Thought one might be able to connect the display on page one of the printed sheets with the "equipped" check box. Not equipped in a hand means it doesn't show up on page one. Just thinking out loud.

Anyway, thanks for looking at it.

Now, about those magical horseshoes.......

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; June 9th, 2010 at 04:37 PM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Magick Man

Old June 10th, 2010, 11:16 AM
BUG: The Eldritch Knight incorrectly reports "Too many magic levels!".

WISH: Can we add Gauntlets of Ogre Power stack with Belt of Giant Strength as a House Rule? If not, Can you tell me how to create a copy of the GoOP will stack?
Magick Man is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 10th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post
BUG: The Eldritch Knight incorrectly reports "Too many magic levels!".
All prestige classes that grant extra magic levels to other classes are currently calculating the number of levels they should grant as 0 at all levels. I've gotten it fixed for the next update, but I'm afraid it didn't make it into the 3.7 update. Thanks for catching it.

Fortunately, this is only a problem that reports an error it shouldn't (and doesn't tell the user how many they can really add). The table to add magic levels is still present, and the magic levels still function as normal once they're added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post
WISH: Can we add Gauntlets of Ogre Power stack with Belt of Giant Strength as a House Rule? If not, Can you tell me how to create a copy of the GoOP will stack?
In the editor, go to the Wondrous tab, and press the "New (Copy)" button on the lower left. In the list of things to copy, find the Gauntlets of Ogre Power, and note that in parentheses next to the name is their unique Id (ioGaOgrePw) - write that down on a piece of scrap paper, and select the gauntlets.

Next, add a Belt of Giant Strength the same way.

For each of those items, press the "Eval Scripts" button on the top right, and compare the scripts for each item (here's the Gauntlets of Ogre Power's script):

Code:
      if (field[gIsEquip].value <> 0) then
        #enhancementbonus[hero.child[aSTR], 2]
        endif
So, what it's saying is, if the item is equipped, add an enhancement bonus of 2 to the strength.

Looking at the belt of giant strength, you'll see that its script is identical, except that the bonus is 4.

Enhancement bonuses don't stack in d20, which is why those items don't stack with each other. So, to make them stack with each other, you'll have to change the type of bonus that's being applied on one or the other.

An un-typed bonus:
Code:
        hero.child[aSTR].field[Bonus].value += 2
        endif
A sacred bonus:
Code:
        #applybonus[BonSacred, hero.child[aSTR], 2]
        endif
Pick one of those, or take the second one, look up the bonus types that are available on the "Reference Information" page of the editor manual to choose a different bonus to apply, and replace the Eval Script on the Gauntlets of Ogre power with that.

Now, on the right-hand side of the editor, find the "Replaces Thing Id" box - in that box, fill in the unique Id of the Gauntlets of Ogre power - "ioGaOgrePw".

At the top, give your replacement item a new unique Id, like "ioGaOgreA" and save the copy. Now delete the copy of the belt of giant strength you made, save the file, and press the "Test Now!" button at the top left of the editor. You've now replaced the Gauntlets of Ogre power with a version that grants a different type of bonus, instead of an enhancement bonus.

As someone who's DMed this game before, I would recommend increasing the price for your new gauntlets - the gauntlets + belt+4 combo should cost as much as a belt +6, or the cost of a high strength bonus becomes too cheap.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Magick Man

Old June 10th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Many thanks! I had gotten as far as the Eval Scripts step but got stumped there.

As far as the price... We're a collection of old farts that have mostly been playing since AD&D, so we have a few house rules that don't always make sense unless you know the history behind them. Most don't remember when Gauntlets and Belt not only stacked, but were required to unlock the full power of the Hammer of Thunderbolts.
Magick Man is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old June 13th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Heh, I used to play 2nd ed. Didn't that combo let you hurl the hammer ala Thor and strike giants dead?
Lawful_g is offline   #10 Reply With Quote