Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

antikas

Old May 27th, 2010, 03:44 AM
First of all i apologize for my terrible english! Im italian and i will try the beast i can to make me understanable.
I bought yesterday the license of hero lab and had fun all night adding some spell and class from mine source book.
Since my programming skill is pretty low i have found some problem. I hope someone can give me an advice in the following topic:

- Can i add a list of terrain to choose for the "ley line" ability of the geomancer? I think that with the same answer i can make a list for the drift ability from the same class....

- Can i add a "+1 ability point/level" to a feat? its a bonus from the "nymph kiss" presented in the "book of the exalted deeds"

-If a pre-req for a feat is "any good", i have to use the "pick req" pannel and make a "preclude selection" for all non good align or there is a faster way?
antikas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
antikas

Old May 27th, 2010, 03:46 AM
I made a mistake in the second question. What i want is generate a +1 SKILL point/level not ability point
antikas is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 27th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Try adding a few levels of the Horizon Walker prestige class to a test character - will that sort of thing - being able to specify the number of custom abilities the user can choose from at each level, work for the lay line/drift abilities? If so, in the editor, select the Help menu, and you'll find the manual for the editor. Tutorial #4 gives you an overview of how to set up custom abilities for a class.

For +1 Skill point per level, what you'll want to do is to search through all the classes on the character, and for each one, modify the number of skill points that class gets.

That's done like this:

Code:

foreach pick in hero from BaseClHelp
  eachpick.field[cSkills].value += 1
  nexteach
You'll put that in an Eval script on your class. For timing, the Pre-Levels phase should work fine, priority: 100.

For the alignment requirement, what you'll want to do is find an existing feat that has an alignment requirement.

We'll use the Chaotic Mind feat (from Psionics) - that requires a Chaotic alignment.

In the editor, press the "New (Copy)" button at the bottom left, and select Chaotic Mind from that list. Go to the Expr-reqs section of that feat, and you'll find the Expr-req that requires a chaotic alignment:
Code:

tagis[Alignment.Chaotic] <> 0
So,
Code:
tagis[Alignment.Good] <> 0
Is what you want to use to test for Good alignment.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
antikas

Old May 27th, 2010, 09:42 AM
About the "+1 skill/level" topic: modifing the class number of skill i will modify every character that will pick that class?

Anyway.... thx for the reply Mathias you are very kind
antikas is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 27th, 2010, 10:06 AM
The script will only modify the classes that have been added to the character who has selected this feat. It will not modify the classes permanently, and if you have more than one character in the same portfolio, it will only modify the character who has that feat, not the others.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
antikas

Old May 27th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Thx Mathias!
I have finished right now the last touch to the thing i have to add to let my characters work so i can start use the program efficently during the play time.
antikas is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 7th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Hey Mathias, I am adding Nymph's Kiss as well, but there is something that the previous person might have missed. The feat only adds +1 skill point to every level taken after it is gained. Is there any way to specify which level a feat was taken at?
Lawful_g is offline   #7 Reply With Quote