Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Closed Thread

chiefweasel

Old November 4th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Use this thread if you run into an error with a User Created data set for the D20 system. Thanks.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #1
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 4th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Good idea I meant to do this and kept forgetting. This thread is ONLY for Community Created 3.5 D&D data set.... Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgrePuppy View Post
Where would you like bugs reported?

I'm having trouble with the Obscure Lore feat (Complete Adventurer): it doesn't recognize my cloistered cleric as having the Lore ability.

Edit: I entered the Editor and found the Pre-req section....I just have NO IDEA how to indicate that it should allow the cloistered cleric through.

Or, is the cleric wrong and Lone Wolf's devs need to bugfix the class so that it has a "Lore" tag or something?

Aha! I added a line once I figured out the Cloistered Cleric's Unique ID (cCClLore) and it no longer shows that I don't meet the requirement!

....Sadly, it also doesn't add +4 to my Lore ability, and I can't see where you'd increase Lore by +4 in the data file.
OgrePuppy is the Cloistered cleric an official class in HL or part of our data set? I am just not sure myself.

Let me know if you can and I will have some time this weekend to take a quick look at this. Just remember if you make any changes directly to Lawful_g data set those changes will be overridden in the next update.

If you do fix this please send me the .user file you changed with a quick note of what you changed and I will have it put into the next release. You can email me at ShadowChemosh(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; November 4th, 2010 at 01:04 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2
Sendric

Old November 4th, 2010, 11:15 AM
The Obscure Lore feat from that data file has no eval script which is why there is no change to the abilities.
Sendric is offline   #3
OgrePuppy

Send a message via ICQ to OgrePuppy Send a message via AIM to OgrePuppy Send a message via Yahoo to OgrePuppy Send a message via Skype™ to OgrePuppy

Old November 4th, 2010, 01:42 PM
@Sendric - I'm not sure what an eval script does (nor how to "program"/code it) but I learn pretty quickly, as I was able to figure out how to add the Cloistered Cleric to the feat pre-reqs. Give me some pointers and I might be able to kludge together some scriptage...

@chiefweasel - The cloistered cleric is an official, albeit alternate, class in HL.
OgrePuppy is offline   #4
Sendric

Old November 5th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Well, I'm certainly no expert. The best advice I could give is to go through the same file (CAdv - Feats) and click through each feat. On the right there is a button marked "Eval Scripts". Look for feats that have a number next to that (x1, x2, etc) and click on it. These scripts are used to change the character in some way. Some scripts you can find by searching this forum, others you can find by duplicating a similar ability/feat/etc (use New (Copy) in lower left in appropriate tab). The important things are Phase, Priority and the script itself. I don't really know how to determine what Phase and Priority should be other than by copying what others have already done. I'm sure there's some write-up about it, though.

BTW, I went to copy in the Natural Bond script as an example, and I think that one is wrong. I don't believe it takes into account the bonus to the effective druid level cannot exceed the character's hit dice.

This is the script I use for Pathfinder, and it appears to work for D20 as well:

Code:
var bonus as number
bonus = #totallevelcount[] - #levelcount[Druid]

bonus = minimum(bonus,3)

hero.childfound[cAnimComp].field[CompLevel].value += bonus

Last edited by Sendric; November 5th, 2010 at 05:36 AM.
Sendric is offline   #5
ShadowChemosh

Old November 5th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
BTW, I went to copy in the Natural Bond script as an example, and I think that one is wrong. I don't believe it takes into account the bonus to the effective druid level cannot exceed the character's hit dice.
I am pretty sure your right I noticed that when I was going through the data set making changes. I can go ahead and add that script to the Feat for release 1.1. Thanks Sendric.

@OgrePuppy - Including what Sendric said the best I can say is to start by finding feats and abilities that are similar to what you need to do. Then modifying existing scripts. Its how I started and pretty much everyone else. Eventually you just get more and more familiar with how HL works and it does get allot easier. Currently I actually find it pretty fun actually. Only thing else I can say is start small with changing classes or doing new feats. Doing a whole 20 level class can be a little intimidating at first.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6
Lawful_g

Old November 6th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Hey, got this bug worked out. Made a single Lore ability for all future things to add to. Should be in the next update.
Lawful_g is offline   #7
bodrin

Old November 10th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Not a bug, an observation, there are 2 definitions of the Elven Thinblade weapon. One in Races of the wild and one in Compete Warrior.

Spotted the thread on the Corellon Larethian PrC which referenced both sources, if it's not been done already maybe they need editing into one item instead to avoid confusion!
bodrin is offline   #8
Lawful_g

Old November 10th, 2010, 09:51 PM
But which to choose? I'd rather leave them both and just remember to reference both.
Lawful_g is offline   #9
bodrin

Old November 10th, 2010, 11:31 PM
The one that seems better described. I'd presume the complete warrior version as it's updated to v3.5, I think RotW is a 3.0 book but I don't have it in front of me at moment so can't check!
bodrin is offline   #10
Closed Thread