Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old November 24th, 2016, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravdmyvid View Post
Ok, I tried it now and the error is gone. Sorry, should have done before posting here.
No problem. Better to report than not. Glad it's working for you.
Sendric is offline   #601 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 24th, 2016, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrid.Wilting View Post
Always!

Also thanks for the hint. Stripping worked!

I then reimported the 1.18 files but still have stormwrack and monsters of fearun in the list twice... would reimporting even help there? or should I do something else? is it even an actual issue? do the entries interfere with each other?
Sorry. I should have been more clear. I have fixed the issue, but it will be in the next release. For now, you can select both to make sure you aren't missing anything. After the next release you'll need to do the Strip Missing Sources thing again. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Sendric is offline   #602 Reply With Quote
Horrid.Wilting

Old November 25th, 2016, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Sorry. I should have been more clear. I have fixed the issue, but it will be in the next release. For now, you can select both to make sure you aren't missing anything. After the next release you'll need to do the Strip Missing Sources thing again. Apologies for the inconvenience.
No worries! ^.^
Thanks for clearing it up!

Perfect! Now I can harass my players again!

(btw... there has been another issue I stumbled over, but I wasn't sure if it is already a known bug or something I missed. I made a Shade Shadowcaster/Master of Shadow (ToM) and the Master of Shadow class doesn't seem to advance the shadowcaster's casting ability, though it should. I worked around it with what I had and it wasn't that much of an issue, but I wanted to report it. Also the adjustment option to advance spellcasting ability doesn't seem to work on shadowcasters.)
Horrid.Wilting is offline   #603 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 25th, 2016, 07:16 AM
Quote:
No worries! ^.^
Thanks for clearing it up!

Perfect! Now I can harass my players again!

(btw... there has been another issue I stumbled over, but I wasn't sure if it is already a known bug or something I missed. I made a Shade Shadowcaster/Master of Shadow (ToM) and the Master of Shadow class doesn't seem to advance the shadowcaster's casting ability, though it should. I worked around it with what I had and it wasn't that much of an issue, but I wanted to report it. Also the adjustment option to advance spellcasting ability doesn't seem to work on shadowcasters.)
Thanks. I will look into it. Please don't hesitate to report any issues even if you think they may be known.

Update: There appears to be a number of issues regarding the Shadowcaster and the shadow Prestige Classes. I'll get these issues fixed for the next release.

Update 2: Ok, I made a number of changes to this area. Hopefully it will work a little better now.

Last edited by Sendric; November 28th, 2016 at 08:00 AM.
Sendric is offline   #604 Reply With Quote
Horrid.Wilting

Old November 29th, 2016, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Thanks. I will look into it. Please don't hesitate to report any issues even if you think they may be known.

Update: There appears to be a number of issues regarding the Shadowcaster and the shadow Prestige Classes. I'll get these issues fixed for the next release.

Update 2: Ok, I made a number of changes to this area. Hopefully it will work a little better now.
Will do! And thanks A LOT!
Hero Lab and especially the community pack make DMing 3.5 so much easier!
I just wished there were more customizable output options...
Horrid.Wilting is offline   #605 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 29th, 2016, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Will do! And thanks A LOT!
Hero Lab and especially the community pack make DMing 3.5 so much easier!
I just wished there were more customizable output options...
There's a way to customize your output. There are some good ones for Pathfinder, and I think you can do some very similar things for d20. That is not my area of expertise, and I'm not terribly interested in figuring it out. Maybe someone else could work on that. It would be a nice addition to the community since it seems a lot of people print their characters out.
Sendric is offline   #606 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 29th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Quote:
There's a way to customize your output. There are some good ones for Pathfinder, and I think you can do some very similar things for d20. That is not my area of expertise, and I'm not terribly interested in figuring it out. Maybe someone else could work on that. It would be a nice addition to the community since it seems a lot of people print their characters out.
To learn how to do custom output in HL go to "Help->Hero Lab Manual->Custom Output". Of course the more you know about XML, HTML, XSLT and maybe some javascript the better this will all work. In those cases you can easily find thousands of pages of help using google unlike the little to no documentation you will find for HL scripting.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #607 Reply With Quote
Horrid.Wilting

Old December 1st, 2016, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
To learn how to do custom output in HL go to "Help->Hero Lab Manual->Custom Output". Of course the more you know about XML, HTML, XSLT and maybe some javascript the better this will all work. In those cases you can easily find thousands of pages of help using google unlike the little to no documentation you will find for HL scripting.
Oh cool, thanks, looks like reasonable options!
I didn't know I had access to those files.

As for the printouts... I don't like to digitalize pen and paper too much during play. reading in a book and having your NPCs as printouts at hand just feels a lot different and usually even works better and faster. That's what I normally use HL for...
Also you can always scare the shit out of your players when you slam that huge folder with all your printed campaign info on the table at the beginning of the session... usually accompanied with an evil grin...
Horrid.Wilting is offline   #608 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old December 1st, 2016, 09:36 AM
I forgot how much I hated building spells into the system.

Halfway through the spells in Book of Exalted Deeds, everyone. After that is monsters and then I'm done with the book.
Illyahr is offline   #609 Reply With Quote
chaosproject

Old December 5th, 2016, 11:40 AM
May whatever gods you believe in bless you for all your hard work. I was trying just to a little and found it daunting. Looking forward to seeing the results.
chaosproject is offline   #610 Reply With Quote