Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

kodama1

Old May 22nd, 2017, 12:41 PM
So I'm creating a user file in WoD for Changeling adding in expanded books. I plan on sharing my work with the community after I'm done.

I am currently working on the book "Dancers In The Dusk" and am adding the level 3 contract of Lucidity called "Gift of Lucidity" and hit a snag.

So far I've been figuring out what is needed but I need some help on this one.

I'm in the editor and have created the Contract level appropriately. But am trying to set up a roll based on the book requirements which are...

Presence + Clarity + Wyrd — subject’s Resolve + Composure

I have even figured out how to add Wyrd based on the "Goblin Contracts" tab successfully so I have that going for me. It's showing up under "Special Sources for Roll". However, I can't seem to find "Clarity" to add to the dice pool. The tags I have found with Clarity in it are:
iClarNeg - decrease
iClarity - Increase
aLowClarity - Low Clarity

The first 2 are for adding or removing Clarity as an advancement so I know those aren't correct and the last seems to be used for Showing what level is considered low for Clarity.

But what I need is to pull the players level of Clarity and add it to the dice pool.

Any idea on how to do that? Do I need to add a new "Special Sources for Roll" or is there already something that pulls the current level of Clarity.

Thanks in advance,
-kodama1-
kodama1 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kodama1

Old June 1st, 2017, 12:20 PM
I'm posting again in regards to a ticket I opened because I was told to. To clarify..

Basically I need to learn how to add the players level of Clarity (Changeling's version of Morality) to a roll in WoD (Changeling) but I don't see where it is tracked.

This is while creating a new Contract level if that matters.

Thanks for the help,
-kodama1-
kodama1 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old June 1st, 2017, 04:51 PM
Since your question is about how WoD works (something I know nothing about), you should really post in the WoD forum. This one is for general issues with HeroLab itself (such as install errors, or license update errors).

Your chances of getting a response are much better in the game-specific forum.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kodama1

Old June 2nd, 2017, 08:07 AM
Thanks Silveras,

You are the first and only one to reply. I actually posted a similar thread in WoD and got no response so I decided to toss it here in the General forum.

This is actually for me trying to create a new "contract" in hero lab using a .user file I have created. Trying to find where Clarity is tracked so I can add it to the dice roll.

Once I get it done I will share with the community as well.

I have reached out to the developers with a ticket and they told me to post here within the tread I already opened and send them a link to the thread. So that's what I have done.

I'm anxiously awaiting a reply, but thank you very much for trying to help. I was beginning to feel like I wouldn't actually get a response from anyone at all.

-kodama1-
kodama1 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 2nd, 2017, 11:21 AM
I know nothing about WoD and your question seemed more "game" related than HL actually. I know HL scripting very well but without a understanding of the game your question is like reading Greek.

If you question is more pure HL script question I am happy to help.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 2nd, 2017, 12:11 PM
I apologize, but I was at PaizoCon last weekend, and now I'm working on getting the May Pathfinder release done, so I won't be able to look at this in detail until Monday or Tuesday, but in the meantime, ShadowChemosh, could you please point kodama1 to general Hero Lab scripting resources?

The items he's incorrectly calling "Tags" are actually picks - specifically, two advancement picks related to changing the value he wants to change and an ability that triggers based on the value he's looking for, so I think a discussion of how to use the debug tools would help kodama1 find the information he's looking for. I suspect what he's looking for is a field value on a pick that should be right-clickable, but I don't have enough time right now to study the WoD files enough that I can familiarize myself with how they work, in order to be able to answer this question.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 3rd, 2017, 09:17 AM
I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos.

For finding tags/fields see FAQ#9. Once you activate the debugging tools you can also right mouse click on a "?" of any Thing and get new options to view fields/tags.

See if that helps get you going and uncovering some of the info you need.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
kodama1

Old June 5th, 2017, 06:49 AM
Thanks everyone for answering.

@ Mathias, I completely understand being at PaizoCon. I hope it went very well for you guys! Thanks for connecting the dots. I'm slightly new at trying to do WoD. I worked on Fate stuff for Dresden Files a while back and was very successful, but am not sure what to call "Tags" or "Picks" so thanks in helping to move the question forward. I was busy this last weekend so I haven't had much time to look at ShadowChemosh's response. If you find what I'm looking for in the meantime, then thanks so much in advance.

@ShadowChemosh, Thanks for being willing to help I'm sorry I didn't ask the question in a more Hero Lab friendly way. I'm kind of learning on the fly and am not sure what to call what. I will have a look at the links you posted and see if I can decipher it even from just a learning standpoint. If Mathias beets me to the punch then that is even better.

Thanks so much for a response everyone! I hope to have a file to add to the community soon that has at least Dancers In The Dusk added.

-kodama1-
kodama1 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 5th, 2017, 09:38 AM
How much help do you want getting this accomplished?

Here's what you're going to do:

The dicepool to roll is stored in a field named rcalcpool. You want to add the character's Morality to this pool, and you can look up the Morality stat with a macro - #morality[]

You'll use an eval script to make this change.

Timing: After Effects/10000 (the script named "Calc Contract Pool"), and before Roll/5000 (the script named "Finalize Roll")

If you want more help, please ask, and I can guide you through writing that script.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
kodama1

Old June 5th, 2017, 10:50 AM
First off I just want to say thanks for all the help everyone. I'm certainly learning a lot about Hero Lab and how robust it is. Frankly it's really cool!

After digging I found that it was either Picks "oMorality" or "xMorality". "oMorality" had the sub numbers I would associate with it in either "onetvalue" "ilevel" or 'dvalue". "onetvalue" made the most sense. "xMorality" didn't show up with any values so I guessed it was probably not what I was looking for. However, Mathias, I trust you would absolutely know.

So if I may add a slight request to the original question. To make it applicable to other contracts I am creating (in the same path), I'm trying to add Clarity to the "Special Sources for Roll" button area as that is where one would select Wyrd anyways and it makes the most sense going forward.

I tried creating a New Tag and added "oMorality" to it but it didn't show the correct value in the dice pool for the contract I created. I tried using "xMorality" and "onetvalue" with the same issue. I'm going to include screen shots so you can see what I'm doing and let me know if I'm going down the wrong path.

Capture1 shows that I'm in "Contract Level" in the editor and am trying to add it to the "Special Sources for Roll".

Capture2 shows the new special source I added called "Clarity" It is "DicePool.xMorality"

Capture3 shows how it is showing up in the "Tags" now.

For what it is worth, the second Group Id: DicePool Tag Id: Potential shows up correctly but Group Id: DicePool tag Id: xMorality does not.

So on the issue of the script, yes I can use some help writing the script, but I'm hoping to add it so it is selectable as an option in "Special Sources for Roll".

Thanks again for all your help!

-kodama1-
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture1.PNG (381.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png Capture2.PNG (116.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png Capture3.PNG (174.0 KB, 4 views)
kodama1 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote