Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 13th, 2009, 07:56 PM
We discovered that there was a critical problem with the latest Hero Lab V3.4 release for Pathfinder. For anyone who purchased HL with the intention of activated Pathfinder as the initial game system, Pathfinder was not being properly listed. So we just released V3.4a to fix this problem. If you purchased Hero Lab on Thursday for use with Pathfinder, please grab the new release and install it, then activate your license. You should now be able to select Pathfinder and be good to go.

Sorry for the inconvenience on this! We would have fixed it earlier today, but we've been in the booth at GenCon all day, so we couldn't get to it until tonight.
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
pallinar

Old August 16th, 2009, 03:01 PM
This is my first time purchasing your fine product, and I had heard good things about it. So, I purchased it just before I left GenCon, and came home and installed it. I didn't think it too important that the Pathfinder rules (my reason for purchasing it) were not listed as an option, because of the new nature of the PFRPG. So, I clicked on the 3.5 rules to complete the installation, and get the updates.
Now, I discover that I should have clicked the update button (which I did not see on the screen anywhere) before accepting the game choice.

Short version: Is there any way of unactivating the 3.5 rules and getting the Pathfinder rules? The menu talks about re-authorizing the program, but I can only get the demo version of Pathfinder.

pallinar
pallinar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tarec

Old August 19th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Similar situation for me, I have e-mailed tech support about a day or so ago but was just wondering if there may be a simpler solution to the problem (I have a game this Saturday and was hoping on having printed some npc's up by Friday). No big deal if not, but I would like to play around with my version of this shinny program.
Tarec is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Sorry for the confusion. Support should be able to swap out the d20 System option for Pathfinder. After that, you can re-activate the license to update the information on your computer, and you should be good to go.

By now, support should have taken care of this for pallinar, and it ought to be resolved within the next day for Tarec. If this isn't the case, please let me know and I'll look into it myself.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Tarec

Old August 20th, 2009, 12:32 PM
As of 4:30 EST, I have yet to receive a reply e-mail from tech support on my issue.
Will edit as this changes.
As of 6 EST, I have received a reply, still working it out, but a step in the right direction.

Last edited by Tarec; August 20th, 2009 at 03:31 PM.
Tarec is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2009, 12:45 PM
We're on the other coast (Silicon Valley), so it's still midday here. Nancy usually deals with support stuff in the afternoons - we're a tiny company, so we all wear lots of hats. :-)
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Rhone1

Old August 24th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I am having the same issues here, very frustrated with this.
Rhone1 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote