Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old January 31st, 2017, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
In your case, I think you said that you kept the XML tags for the cover picture, and merely deleted the data. It would probably work if you deleted the tags that surrounded the data as well.
I THINK I tried that? Can't swear to it, though. I'll give it (another?) shot later, just to be sure.
EightBitz is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 31st, 2017, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
So... is it possible to create a RW style sheet?
Yes, but it will take some time. It looks like we'd need to make it by hand.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 31st, 2017, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
In your case, I think you said that you kept the XML tags for the cover picture, and merely deleted the data. It would probably work if you deleted the tags that surrounded the data as well.
Nope. That still didn't work. It stopped at the same place (percentage wise) with the same error.

I looked through and didn't see anything that looked like a checksum value, but in the xml tags, there are uuid parameters and signature parameters. Maybe those are somehow hashed to verify file integrity and validation?

I'm only guessing. I don't actually know. Maybe it's just a fluke.
EightBitz is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old January 31st, 2017, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Nope. That still didn't work. It stopped at the same place (percentage wise) with the same error.

I looked through and didn't see anything that looked like a checksum value, but in the xml tags, there are uuid parameters and signature parameters. Maybe those are somehow hashed to verify file integrity and validation?

I'm only guessing. I don't actually know. Maybe it's just a fluke.
For the signature I've noticed that it increments by 1 throughout the export file.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 31st, 2017, 03:07 PM
I didn't bother putting signature or uuids into any of the main topics at all, but I kept them in the structure definition which appears at the start of the file.

I have a feeling that I will have to find a way to put the uuids on the individual topics which would be generated from a unique Obsidian Portal URL in order to allow re-import of subsequent OB dump files.

There is no general checksum that I can see in the XML export files.
Farling is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old January 31st, 2017, 04:11 PM
Where did you get those signatures and uuids from in the first place?

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 31st, 2017, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
Where did you get those signatures and uuids from in the first place?
The information on the structure elements came from doing a structure-only export:

I started with a new realm.
I added in some new category definitions.
I performed a structure-only export.
I looked for only the structure definitions for my new categories.
I stripped out all the other structure definitions.

That left me with the "structure" part that I could use as a template for my import script.
Farling is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old February 3rd, 2017, 10:22 AM
A thought came to me last night about uuids and signatures. Why not have a substitute for them them indicates to RW that a uuid or signature is needed?

Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 3rd, 2017, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
A thought came to me last night about uuids and signatures. Why not have a substitute for them them indicates to RW that a uuid or signature is needed?
It would certainly make import scripts a lot simpler if there was an attribute similar to UUID which was merely a "uniqueness" string (of arbitrary type). This would allow any import scripts to use whatever strings they liked, rather than having to generate a UUID format string from an arbitrary string.

(There are rules in the RFC about UUID format about how you could do this, but it isn't simple to script inside XSLT.)
Farling is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
amerigoV

Old October 9th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Greetings - just downloaded RW and was looking to try out this approach to get material of OP.

I have the files in a directory. When I run the script as per the directions, I get a flash of code then ... nothing (it never asks for a the OP zip file). I am running Win10. Any thoughts?

I did see there was a version out here (https://github.com/farling42/RealmWorksScripting)

But it does not appear to read the second version (and I know little to nothing of scripting).

Any help/ideas/updated files?
amerigoV is offline   #40 Reply With Quote