Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Hi Folks,

As many of you are aware, the Game System License (GSL) for D&D 4E was released by Wizards in mid-June. Unfortunately, the 4E GSL adopted a significantly different philosophy than the d20 License for 3E. The new GSL has a lot of sections within it that have caused most of the companies who actively supported 3E to run away from 4E.

We've spent a lot of time debating what we should do for 4E, as well as how we should do it. We've now pieced together a basic plan for 4E that we'll be discussing for the first time at GenCon this week. We'll post more about it here when we get back from the show next week.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up about this before we head to GenCon tomorrow.

-Rob
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2008, 01:36 PM
As is to be expected, moments after I posted this message, Colen sent me an email. It appears that Wizards has re-considered their GSL philosophy and has announced an imminent revision. So that means we won't be announcing our plans until we've had a chance to review the changes and figure out if we'll be changing our own plans accordingly. A link to the official Wizards announcement is below.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4news/20080811

However, this change won't stop us from at least giving folks a peek at the 4E data files for Hero Lab. If you would like a peek, stop by our booth at GenCon (#2339) and we'll be happy to let you see what we've got coming.

-Rob
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bomberg

Old August 11th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Rob,

how about a demo video or something like that for us poor folks who can't go to GenCon? With WotC's Character Builder still not available - and being tied to DDI - I'm still anxiously waiting for a CharGen.

I'd definitely come to your booth and get you some coffee to be able to see HL in action! Okay, a emo video would pose some coffee-serving problems, but still.

Huldvoll

Baron von Bomberg
Bomberg is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 14th, 2008, 08:54 AM
I was telling my girlfriend last night that even if LW didn't produce 'official' data files for 4E, somebody somewhere would write them. Glad to see that you're already working on them, and I hope that you can resolve the issues you're having with the WotC.
FifthWanderer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Giddoen

Old September 22nd, 2008, 02:43 PM
Any status on the 4e front?

Giddoen

I have faith!...my character sheet says so!
Giddoen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 22nd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Here's the thread on this topic from the d20 forum:

http://support.wolflair.com/index.ph...ewtopic&t=7794

Rob answered that recently.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
joaquin83

Old October 8th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Personally, our group has mainly decided to not delve into 4E at this time. We have all looked at (and purchased) most of the books between us, and decided that we like 3E better. As a result whatever you decide to do will not affect us for awhile.
joaquin83 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old October 18th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Just stoping in and seeing if there has been a word on 4E and HL yet?
SAbel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 24th, 2008, 05:00 AM
At 01:45 PM 10/18/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
Just stoping in and seeing if there has been a word on 4E and HL yet?
We're still waiting for the revised GSL from Wizards. It was announced just before GenCon as "imminent", but it has not yet seen the light of day (to the best of my knowledge). With my health issue, the 4E effort has been of secondary importance over the past many weeks, so we haven't really pursued the matter with Wizards. If Wizards doesn't actually update the GSL in the next few weeks, we'll probably go ahead with our original plan for 4E. If that comes to pass, we'll make an announcement with details at that time. But it's highly likely that you'll see a 4E solution from us before the end of the year.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old October 24th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Rob health first! Then we can get the game needs on
Thank you again for your and all of Lone wolf's hard work
SAbel is offline   #10 Reply With Quote