Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

flamepulse

Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:12 PM
so will there be herolab for DnD Next? Ive been in the beta and i think we are might ditch pathfinder for it.
flamepulse is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:26 AM
All we can say at the moment is that we've been in discussions with Wizards for quite some time about this subject. Nothing has been officially determined at this point. We'll definitely let everyone know once we have something concrete to share.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
StanC

Old June 15th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Any update on this ?
StanC is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 15th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanC View Post
Any update on this ?
I'd say hold off until GenCon on this one. I am sorry to say but it is too early to begin worrying about doing something like next. WotC has changed so many things in this playtest with each iteration nothing is completely consistent, much less set in stone yet. Anything from those packets is still subject to change until they release books, which from what I've seen isn't happening anytime soon yet.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
StanC

Old June 15th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
I'd say hold off until GenCon on this one. I am sorry to say but it is too early to begin worrying about doing something like next. WotC has changed so many things in this playtest with each iteration nothing is completely consistent, much less set in stone yet. Anything from those packets is still subject to change until they release books, which from what I've seen isn't happening anytime soon yet.
Wasn't expecting something to come out for next for a while. But from reading Rob's post it almost sounds like there may be something in the works for HL being the official character generator for Next just like for Pathfinder. I may be reading more into his statement but if were to happen that would be kewl.
StanC is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 15th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Rob is trying to work something out with wizards of the coast, but I honestly believe this close to GenCon any "negotiation" talks would be more likely to happen at the convention. GenCon is the big gaming convention of the year where representatives from all parts of the gaming industry gather each year. I say it's an uncertainty because nothing is really set in concrete with next. Mike Mearls could wake up tomorrow and decide to scrap something in next and replace it with something new. The skills system I know for a fact is undergoing extensive testing of various methods. From a data file authors perspective, I'd prefer to see something concrete before worrying about coding. It would be a waste of time to keep up with playtest materials. I would hold off until after GenCon as that is where Rob or another LWD representative would have the opportunity to talk with WOTC/Hasbro.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
StanC

Old June 20th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Would be nice if HL became the official character generator for D&D Next =)
StanC is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 20th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanC View Post
Would be nice if HL became the official character generator for D&D Next =)
Nice? Would be Ideal for me. I would have stopped running 4e altogether if it wasn't for Hero Lab the day WotC changed its hero builder to online access only. Hero Lab kept me playing that game far longer than I would have. I cancelled my D&DI account after multiple failed attempts to build a character on their software. It crashed on me midway through character building so many times and lost the data I had put in that it was just a chore to make a character. Hero Lab caused me to reinstate my account to keep the data updates going.

I really believe the wolf pack here knows how to make great character management software and I would love to see Hero Lab become the official software for next (Or D&D in general). I hope Hasbro learns from its mistakes. I really do.

RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote