Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

trollbill

Old June 11th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I just recently started playing PFS at a local convention and my wife got me the HL for Pathfinder for my birthday. My character was created using the basic Core rules with one exception. I used a variant racial trait. When I created my character in HL I was able to put everything in except the variant Racial Trait because I did not have the Advanced Player's Guide for HL yet. I have now bought the Advanced Player's Guide option for HL but can't figure out how to change out the racial trait to the variant I have. I do not want to recreated the character as that would not only be a lot of work but it would list it as my 2nd PFS character, which it isn't. So how do I swap out the racial variant? Specifically I have a Halfling Ranger with the Warslinger racial trait that I need to swap out with the Sure Footed racial trait.
trollbill is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 12th, 2012, 08:47 AM
First, make sure you have the APG source allowed for this character, so you can see the Alternate racial traits table. To allow a source, in the program click "Character" then "Configure Hero" and it will pop up a window (the same as when you first made a character). On the right are a list of sources you want to be available for this character to use, find the APG and check it if it isn't already checked.

Once that is done, you should be able to switch to the "Background" tab and add alternate racial traits. I see Warslinger among the available options, but I am not sure about the Sure Footed one you mention. What book was that in? The only Sure Footed ability I see in our files is a racial special that is on the Mule race.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 12th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I see Warslinger among the available options, but I am not sure about the Sure Footed one you mention. What book was that in? The only Sure Footed ability I see in our files is a racial special that is on the Mule race.
I think he just said it backwards. He wants to swap out the "Sure Footed" CORE ability with the APG's "Warslinger" option.

At least that is my guess...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 12th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Ah, my mistake. I was searching for the ability without the hyphen, which is why I got the Mule racial special, and I was looking in my personal copy (which has Halfling replaced with Kender anyway).
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
trollbill

Old June 12th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Okay. That worked. Thanks!
trollbill is offline   #5 Reply With Quote